tape will not eject at end of some full backups - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on tape will not eject at end of some full backups - Veritas Backup Exec ; On a netware 6.0 server using backup exec, after a full backup at night the server will complete the job but when we try to press the eject button on the tape drive (dell 20/40 dat drive), the server will ...

  1. tape will not eject at end of some full backups

    On a netware 6.0 server using backup exec, after a full backup at night the
    server will complete the job but when we try to press the eject button on
    the tape drive (dell 20/40 dat drive), the server will not spit out the tape
    to us. The only way we can get it out is rebooting the server then ejecting
    the tape. Any ideas on what this is? Netware is fully patched, we are running
    groupwise on the server but i dont think that has anything to do with it.
    We do partial backups during the day and it seems to work fine. It seems
    after the full backups that this happens for some reason....

  2. Re: tape will not eject at end of some full backups

    What version of BE? Have you tried configuring for auto-eject in the
    backup job?
    --

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread