Multiple NIC - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Multiple NIC - Veritas Backup Exec ; Running NW6 with BUEXEC 9. I have 2 NIC cards in two servers. Both servers have one public IP and one private IP, on one server the java console is attaching to the private IP and the administration console is ...

  1. Multiple NIC

    Running NW6 with BUEXEC 9. I have 2 NIC cards in two servers. Both servers have one public IP and one private IP, on one server the java console is attaching to the private IP and the administration console is working ok on it . On the other server the java console is attaching to the public IP and I cannot connect to it with the administration console. In looking up multiple NICs I see that agents can be redirected but could not see how to connect the java console to the correct IP.

  2. Re: Multiple NIC

    Go into INETCFG and reorder the load order of the NICs.

    The recommended "safe" way is to delete the first NIC, then re-add it
    as the second NIC.

    The unsupported but easier way is to edit NETINFO.CFG. The either edit
    NETINFO.CHK and set it to 0 (zero), or just delete it and it will get
    recreated. Of course, make a backup of NETINFO.CFG first.
    --

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread