Restore to server other than the original - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Restore to server other than the original - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm using BE8.5. I want to restore some files, but there isn't enough room on the original server that they were on so I need to restore tem to another server. I tried \\server\volume\dir and it just put them in ...

  1. Restore to server other than the original

    I'm using BE8.5. I want to restore some files, but there isn't enough room
    on the original server that they were on so I need to restore tem to another
    server. I tried \\server\volume\dir and it just put them in a folder called
    server\volume\dir on the original server. Can that be done?

    Thanks,

    Brad

  2. Re: Restore to server other than the original

    I got it. Just gotta change the destination device.

    Brad

    "Brad Reichert" wrote in message
    > I'm using BE8.5. I want to restore some files, but there isn't enough

    room
    > on the original server that they were on so I need to restore tem to

    another
    > server. I tried \\server\volume\dir and it just put them in a folder

    called
    > server\volume\dir on the original server. Can that be done?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Brad

+ Reply to Thread