Hi,

When I've catalogued an Arcserve tape and then run a restore job, I kind
of thought the job would run quickly, i.e. BKUPEXEC would 'know' where the
files I want are on the tape. But it seems to read slowly through it as if
it is re-cataloging.

In Arcserve once a tape is merged (cataloged) the tape is known and restores
are very quick. Can BKUPEXEC not do this with Arcserve tapes, cataloged or
otherwise? Does it still need to resd the whole tape (like an Arcserve filtered
restore when you have no merge info)?

(Not complaining or anything, BKEXEC doesn't have all the features but is
SO much more straightforward and reliable. )

Thanks,

Steve Law