Media Format inconsistency - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Media Format inconsistency - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am recieving a "media format inconsistency" error every night at the end of a backup. Although there are no errors anywhere else in the job. I am also running two jobs every night, I only recieve the error on ...

  1. Media Format inconsistency

    I am recieving a "media format inconsistency" error every night at the end
    of a backup. Although there are no errors anywhere else in the job. I am
    also running two jobs every night, I only recieve the error on one of the
    jobs. The server I get it on is the remote server.

    I am running NW6 sp2, Veritas Backup Exec v9.0 build 4175

    Does anyone know how to fix this?

  2. Re: Media Format inconsistency

    Jason wrote:
    > I am recieving a "media format inconsistency" error every night at the end
    > of a backup. Although there are no errors anywhere else in the job. I am
    > also running two jobs every night, I only recieve the error on one of the
    > jobs. The server I get it on is the remote server.
    >
    > I am running NW6 sp2, Veritas Backup Exec v9.0 build 4175
    >
    > Does anyone know how to fix this?

    I am in the process of attempting to resolve the same problem. After
    going through the normal new tapes, multiple cleanings, and suggestions
    from he KB, it ended up being a bad drive.

    -Don

  3. Re: Media Format inconsistency

    Have you tried with the updated driver patch?
    (B90DV05_256761.exe apr. 8 - 2003)

    Tore

    "Don" skrev i melding news:3ea7d590@hronntp01....
    > Jason wrote:
    > > I am recieving a "media format inconsistency" error every night at the

    end
    > > of a backup. Although there are no errors anywhere else in the job. I am
    > > also running two jobs every night, I only recieve the error on one of

    the
    > > jobs. The server I get it on is the remote server.
    > >
    > > I am running NW6 sp2, Veritas Backup Exec v9.0 build 4175
    > >
    > > Does anyone know how to fix this?

    > I am in the process of attempting to resolve the same problem. After
    > going through the normal new tapes, multiple cleanings, and suggestions
    > from he KB, it ended up being a bad drive.
    >
    > -Don

+ Reply to Thread