Restore to a new server - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Restore to a new server - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I have just rebuilt my NetWare 6 server, which suffered from a hardware failure. I have reinstalled backupexe 9.0 41722 and re-catalogued my backup Tape. every time I attempt to perform a restore I get the following message, “The ...

  1. Restore to a new server

    Hi,
    I have just rebuilt my NetWare 6 server, which suffered from a hardware
    failure. I have reinstalled backupexe 9.0 41722 and re-catalogued my backup
    Tape.

    every time I attempt to perform a restore I get the following message, “The
    Restore Selections For This Job Have Backup Sets
    Whose Restore Targets are not currently available, please redirect these
    backup sets to an available device”.

    The only issue that I have is backupexec 9 is not allowing me to select and
    alternative device to restore to. This server was the only server in my backup
    set heeeellllllppppp please ……

    Thanks in Advance .... Dave ...

  2. Re: Restore to a new server

    Have you tried doing a redirected restore, eventhough it's the same
    server? You can select the original path as the back even through the
    redirection.

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread