Restore a backup tape with Backup Exec 9.0 Rev 4175 that was backuped with Arcserve - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Restore a backup tape with Backup Exec 9.0 Rev 4175 that was backuped with Arcserve - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi all im trying to restore files with Backup Exec 9.0 Rev 4175 on a tape that was backed up with arcserveIt 6. It don't seem to work. The job run for very long and it did nothing. I did ...

  1. Restore a backup tape with Backup Exec 9.0 Rev 4175 that was backuped with Arcserve

    Hi all im trying to restore files with Backup Exec 9.0 Rev 4175 on a tape
    that was backed
    up with arcserveIt 6. It don't seem to work. The job run for very long and
    it did nothing. I did a full catalog (using the on-media catalogs) Any idea
    ?

    --
    Jean-François Guénet

  2. Re: Restore a backup tape with Backup Exec 9.0 Rev 4175 that was backuped with Arcserve

    Jean-François
    > I did a full catalog (using the on-media catalogs) Any idea ?

    Hmm, in my reply in the Novell forums, I told you *not* to use the on-
    media catalogs

    Michael
    --
    "If it jams, force it. If it breaks,
    you probably needed a new one anyway"

  3. Re: Restore a backup tape with Backup Exec 9.0 Rev 4175 that was backuped with Arcserve

    Lol Sorry Michael...i mean i did not use the option...sorry...Any other idea
    ?
    "Michael" a écrit dans le message de news:
    3e5e46e7@hronntp01....
    > Jean-François
    > > I did a full catalog (using the on-media catalogs) Any idea ?

    > Hmm, in my reply in the Novell forums, I told you *not* to use the on-
    > media catalogs
    >
    > Michael
    > --
    > "If it jams, force it. If it breaks,
    > you probably needed a new one anyway"
    >
    > * Please post replies via the newsgroup *

  4. Re: Restore a backup tape with Backup Exec 9.0 Rev 4175 that was backuped with Arcserve

    Jean-François
    > Lol Sorry Michael...i mean i did not use the option...sorry...Any other idea
    > ?

    Have a look at:
    (says it only applies to 8.5, but the procedure's the same)
    and the BE9.0 administration manual page 169/170
    You can't restore directly back to a server, you need to restore back to
    a workstation first and then copy across.

    Michael

+ Reply to Thread