Newbie setup help - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Newbie setup help - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi I have a Dell PowerVault 120 DLT1 7 tape autoloader connected to BE9 4175 on NW6.2. I have attempted to read the 700 page manual and have learnt loads about the features and capabilities of BE, but have absolutely ...

  1. Newbie setup help

    Hi

    I have a Dell PowerVault 120 DLT1 7 tape autoloader connected to BE9 4175 on
    NW6.2. I have attempted to read the 700 page manual and have learnt loads
    about the features and capabilities of BE, but have absolutely NO IDEA how
    to get it working - why can't somebody write a task based manual, rather
    than features based?

    anyway, I would like to do a complete backup Monday through Saturday, with
    the last Saturday tape of every month (or the last day of the month) being
    removed and archived off site, can anybody please let me know how I achieve
    this?

    many thanks

    Simon

  2. Re: Newbie setup help

    Tools, wizards, policy wizard.

    here you can set the type and days that you want backed up
    Set up a few a handy one to have is one with no prescan so you can get a
    quick backup on the fly

    Then Tools, wizards, backup wizard. Here you can select the daat that you
    want to back up and the policy that you want to use.

    Basically that's it though there are lots of clever things you can do including
    duplicating tapes to provide you with your month end offsite.

    -jf

    Simon Shilton wrote:
    >Hi
    >
    >I have a Dell PowerVault 120 DLT1 7 tape autoloader connected to BE9 4175

    on
    >NW6.2. I have attempted to read the 700 page manual and have learnt loads
    >about the features and capabilities of BE, but have absolutely NO IDEA how
    >to get it working - why can't somebody write a task based manual, rather
    >than features based?
    >
    >anyway, I would like to do a complete backup Monday through Saturday, with
    >the last Saturday tape of every month (or the last day of the month) being
    >removed and archived off site, can anybody please let me know how I achieve
    >this?
    >
    >many thanks
    >
    >Simon

+ Reply to Thread