Netware 5.1 SP5 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Netware 5.1 SP5 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I recently upgraded our Netware 5.1 server to service pack 5. Now I can not execute any backup jobs in backupexec 8.5. After I have submitted a backup job I check the scheduler and the job is in the que ...

  1. Netware 5.1 SP5

    I recently upgraded our Netware 5.1 server to service pack 5. Now I can not
    execute any backup jobs in backupexec 8.5. After I have submitted a backup
    job I check the scheduler and the job is in the que with a status of ready.
    However the job never executes, it just sits there with a status of ready.
    I have unloaded and reloaded the nlms with no results. Has anyone else
    had this problem? Thanks.

    Greg Stucky
    DeDietrich Process Systems, Inc.
    908-686-4900 x 448
    greg.stucky@ddpsinc.com

  2. Re: Netware 5.1 SP5

    On 8 Jan 2003 15:48:47 -0500, "Greg Stucky"
    wrote:

    >I recently upgraded our Netware 5.1 server to service pack 5. Now I can not
    >execute any backup jobs in backupexec 8.5. After I have submitted a backup
    >job I check the scheduler and the job is in the que with a status of ready.
    > However the job never executes, it just sits there with a status of ready.
    > I have unloaded and reloaded the nlms with no results. Has anyone else
    >had this problem? Thanks.
    >
    >Greg Stucky
    >DeDietrich Process Systems, Inc.
    >908-686-4900 x 448
    >greg.stucky@ddpsinc.com

    First verify your controller is working properly

    Hope This Helps

    Greg

  3. Re: Netware 5.1 SP5

    The SCSI Controller seems to be working fine. I did a test in BE Manager and
    I can run a full erase and a verify of the tape. I unloaded and restarted
    BE and there were no error messages on the startup. The only problem is
    that submitted backup jobs stay in the queue with a status of ready and never
    becomes active.

    Greg Stucky

    Greg Young wrote:
    >On 8 Jan 2003 15:48:47 -0500, "Greg Stucky"
    >wrote:
    >

    >>I recently upgraded our Netware 5.1 server to service pack 5. Now I can

    not
    >>execute any backup jobs in backupexec 8.5. After I have submitted a backup
    >>job I check the scheduler and the job is in the que with a status of ready.
    >> However the job never executes, it just sits there with a status of ready.
    >> I have unloaded and reloaded the nlms with no results. Has anyone else
    >>had this problem? Thanks.
    >>
    >>Greg Stucky
    >>DeDietrich Process Systems, Inc.
    >>908-686-4900 x 448
    >>greg.stucky@ddpsinc.com

    >First verify your controller is working properly
    >

    >Hope This Helps
    >
    >Greg

+ Reply to Thread