Error: Filemark detected (5) - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Error: Filemark detected (5) - Veritas Backup Exec ; Error: Filemark detected (5). This only happens on Exabyte EXB -8900 which is our drive 2. We run Backup Exec 8.5 on NetWare 5.1. Drive 1 does not error out, and we are on our 3rd drive for drive 2 ...

  1. Error: Filemark detected (5)

    Error: Filemark detected (5). This only happens on Exabyte EXB -8900 which
    is our drive 2. We run Backup Exec 8.5 on NetWare 5.1. Drive 1 does not
    error out, and we are on our 3rd drive for drive 2 on the Exabyte 210 Loader.
    At times, I am able to get it to work, but within 3 months it errors out
    again.
    Has anyone ANY ideas? I can get a decent backup drive 1 by pausing drive
    2 but it runs over time and causes too much network traffic in the mornings.
    HELP!

  2. Re: Error: Filemark detected (5)

    Dianne

    > Error: Filemark detected (5). This only happens on Exabyte EXB -8900

    which
    > is our drive 2. We run Backup Exec 8.5 on NetWare 5.1. Drive 1 does not
    > error out, and we are on our 3rd drive for drive 2 on the Exabyte 210

    Loader.
    > At times, I am able to get it to work, but within 3 months it errors out
    > again.

    Is it particular to a certain tape or tapes? How old are the tapes that this
    happens on?
    If it's a certain tape, can you try it in another drive? If so, does it work
    in the other drive?
    Also, make sure that you clean the drive.

    Michael

+ Reply to Thread