slow backups - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on slow backups - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, I use backup exec for netware 8.5 with a quantum dlt 8000 tape drive. Is there any trick to increasing the throughput? All suugestions I have had from veritas and quantum don't seem to help. I have been running ...

  1. slow backups

    Hello,

    I use backup exec for netware 8.5 with a quantum dlt 8000 tape drive. Is
    there any trick to increasing the throughput? All suugestions I have had
    from veritas and quantum don't seem to help. I have been running without
    the antivirus software running and I have upgraded the firmware on the quantum
    drive.

  2. Re: slow backups

    CD MARK

    > I use backup exec for netware 8.5 with a quantum dlt 8000 tape drive. Is
    > there any trick to increasing the throughput? All suugestions I have had
    > from veritas and quantum don't seem to help. I have been running without
    > the antivirus software running and I have upgraded the firmware on the

    quantum
    > drive.

    What is the throughput you're getting?
    Do you see slow throughput when backing up locally or a remote server?
    What build of BE 8.5? Version & SP of NetWare?

    Michael

+ Reply to Thread