Backup Exec with Open File Option - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup Exec with Open File Option - Veritas Backup Exec ; We have a NW5.1 server (latest SP) running a recently installed Backup exec remote agent WITH the open-file option. This server runs the GroupWise 5.5 system (1xPOA, MTA, GWIA), hence the OFA. Has anyone had any problems using BackupExec open ...

  1. Backup Exec with Open File Option

    We have a NW5.1 server (latest SP) running a recently installed Backup exec
    remote agent WITH the open-file option. This server runs the GroupWise 5.5
    system (1xPOA, MTA, GWIA), hence the OFA.

    Has anyone had any problems using BackupExec open file option on NW5, with
    GroupWise? Whilst still running the backup, our GWise server stopped
    responding completely,
    this never happened previous to Backup Exec...

    Cheers
    Alan

  2. Re: Backup Exec with Open File Option

    Alan

    > We have a NW5.1 server (latest SP) running a recently installed Backup

    exec
    > remote agent WITH the open-file option. This server runs the GroupWise 5.5
    > system (1xPOA, MTA, GWIA), hence the OFA.
    >
    > Has anyone had any problems using BackupExec open file option on NW5, with
    > GroupWise? Whilst still running the backup, our GWise server stopped
    > responding completely, this never happened previous to Backup Exec...

    What version & build of BE is it?
    What happens if you backup without OFO?
    Is it a consistent hang (i.e. always hangs at a particular point, or when
    backing up GW, etc..)?
    Have you setup your OFO cache file settings (see:
    http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/233712.htm)?

    Michael

+ Reply to Thread