could not find the virtual volume for the mount - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on could not find the virtual volume for the mount - Veritas Backup Exec ; My open file option on a netware 5.1 box worked one time. every time since then gives an error stating that the Open File Option could not find the virtual volume for the mount. The backup continues without OFO. Any ...

  1. could not find the virtual volume for the mount

    My open file option on a netware 5.1 box worked one time. every time since
    then gives an error stating that the Open File Option could not find the
    virtual volume for the mount. The backup continues without OFO. Any ideas?

  2. Re: could not find the virtual volume for the mount

    i've quite the same problem
    i wanted to add disks on my compaq proliant server
    as the compaq smartstart was not doing well, compaq support sent me a file
    "cp002336.nlm" i installed. i configured my two new disks into raid1 ,
    rebooted the server, and then extended the MAIL partition (4096 Mo more)
    unfortunately, since then backupexec (8.5 r 187) doesn't want to work
    correctly with ofo
    it says :
    *********************
    Volume O_000_01D2E2DA could not be mounted. Some or all volume segments
    could not be located
    Error 00000002 mounting volume O_000_01D2E2DA
    Volume last segment (0) ends at block 97899 instead of 163435
    definition for sync 1 of volume O_000_01D2E2DA removed
    definition for volume O_000_01D2E2DA is invalid
    *********************
    in backupexec history log, i have this error : the volume containing OFO
    cache file was dismounted
    backupexec is going to try a backup without OFO parameters, but with normal
    options.
    *********************

    i found notes telling me to upgrade to backupexec 8.5 v194, change default
    size of cache file...but i don't know what to do exactly...

    asher" a écrit dans le message news:
    3db94432$1@hronntp01....

    > My open file option on a netware 5.1 box worked one time. every time since
    > then gives an error stating that the Open File Option could not find the
    > virtual volume for the mount. The backup continues without OFO. Any ideas?

  3. Re: could not find the virtual volume for the mount

    i solved my problem
    i just had to unload backupexec and reload it completely to make it
    acknowledge that volume was extended and it works now!

    "joange" a écrit dans le message news:
    3dbfebe4$1@hronntp01....
    > i've quite the same problem
    > i wanted to add disks on my compaq proliant server
    > as the compaq smartstart was not doing well, compaq support sent me a file
    > "cp002336.nlm" i installed. i configured my two new disks into raid1 ,
    > rebooted the server, and then extended the MAIL partition (4096 Mo more)
    > unfortunately, since then backupexec (8.5 r 187) doesn't want to work
    > correctly with ofo
    > it says :
    > *********************
    > Volume O_000_01D2E2DA could not be mounted. Some or all volume segments
    > could not be located
    > Error 00000002 mounting volume O_000_01D2E2DA
    > Volume last segment (0) ends at block 97899 instead of 163435
    > definition for sync 1 of volume O_000_01D2E2DA removed
    > definition for volume O_000_01D2E2DA is invalid
    > *********************
    > in backupexec history log, i have this error : the volume containing OFO
    > cache file was dismounted
    > backupexec is going to try a backup without OFO parameters, but with

    normal
    > options.
    > *********************
    >
    > i found notes telling me to upgrade to backupexec 8.5 v194, change default
    > size of cache file...but i don't know what to do exactly...
    >
    > asher" a écrit dans le message news:
    > 3db94432$1@hronntp01....
    > >
    > > My open file option on a netware 5.1 box worked one time. every time

    since
    > > then gives an error stating that the Open File Option could not find the
    > > virtual volume for the mount. The backup continues without OFO. Any

    ideas?

  4. Re: could not find the virtual volume for the mount

    Worked for me as well...for two weeks. Now I am back to getting the same old
    error. System is NW5.1 with BE 9.0 Build 4202.

    "joange" wrote:
    >i solved my problem
    >i just had to unload backupexec and reload it completely to make it
    >acknowledge that volume was extended and it works now!
    >
    >"joange" a écrit dans le message news:
    >3dbfebe4$1@hronntp01....
    >> i've quite the same problem
    >> i wanted to add disks on my compaq proliant server
    >> as the compaq smartstart was not doing well, compaq support sent me a

    file
    >> "cp002336.nlm" i installed. i configured my two new disks into raid1 ,
    >> rebooted the server, and then extended the MAIL partition (4096 Mo more)
    >> unfortunately, since then backupexec (8.5 r 187) doesn't want to work
    >> correctly with ofo
    >> it says :
    >> *********************
    >> Volume O_000_01D2E2DA could not be mounted. Some or all volume segments
    >> could not be located
    >> Error 00000002 mounting volume O_000_01D2E2DA
    >> Volume last segment (0) ends at block 97899 instead of 163435
    >> definition for sync 1 of volume O_000_01D2E2DA removed
    >> definition for volume O_000_01D2E2DA is invalid
    >> *********************
    >> in backupexec history log, i have this error : the volume containing OFO
    >> cache file was dismounted
    >> backupexec is going to try a backup without OFO parameters, but with

    >normal
    >> options.
    >> *********************
    >>
    >> i found notes telling me to upgrade to backupexec 8.5 v194, change default
    >> size of cache file...but i don't know what to do exactly...
    >>
    >> asher" a écrit dans le message news:
    >> 3db94432$1@hronntp01....
    >> >
    >> > My open file option on a netware 5.1 box worked one time. every time

    >since
    >> > then gives an error stating that the Open File Option could not find

    the
    >> > virtual volume for the mount. The backup continues without OFO. Any

    >ideas?

+ Reply to Thread