Hi There!

I run Backup Exec Netware 8.5 on NW51SP2 and recently we have noticed that
we get errors when going to the netware client > job history where in red
writing I get messages which say can't match up the records to the current
user or similar, and worse, all restore jobs are requiring the use of the
on tape catalogs as the most recent backups don't appear there, even though
they worked fine and we got a printout to say so. The on tape catalogs work
perfectly but there are say the last 2 days backups listed, and then nothing
for 3 months then they are all listed from that date backward? is the catalog
full? how can I prune it?