BackUp Exec 7.5 wont detect my tape drive - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BackUp Exec 7.5 wont detect my tape drive - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a Compaq ML530 server running novel 3.2. I'm also runing BackUp Exec 7.5. I have both a Compaq DAT 20/40GB 157769-b22 tape drive & a Compaq 100GB 157766-B21 AIT Tape drive. Novell detects the both drives but backup ...

  1. BackUp Exec 7.5 wont detect my tape drive

    I have a Compaq ML530 server running novel 3.2. I'm also runing BackUp Exec
    7.5. I have both a Compaq DAT 20/40GB 157769-b22 tape drive & a Compaq 100GB
    157766-B21 AIT Tape drive. Novell detects the both drives but backup exec
    won't. Due to the program we're running on this server, we can only use
    backup exec 7.5. Anyone have any ideas for a solution?

    Thnx

  2. Re: BackUp Exec 7.5 wont detect my tape drive

    Has the drive ever been detected by backup exec? It could be a memory
    problem and you might have to add a statement to your autoexec.ncf file as
    my memory serves correctly. Is there a error message?
    "Tyff" wrote in message news:3d938589@hronntp01....
    > I have a Compaq ML530 server running novel 3.2. I'm also runing BackUp

    Exec
    > 7.5. I have both a Compaq DAT 20/40GB 157769-b22 tape drive & a Compaq

    100GB
    > 157766-B21 AIT Tape drive. Novell detects the both drives but backup exec
    > won't. Due to the program we're running on this server, we can only use
    > backup exec 7.5. Anyone have any ideas for a solution?
    >

    > Thnx

  3. Re: BackUp Exec 7.5 wont detect my tape drive

    Try to unload cpqscsi and reload it to re-detect the scsi ports prior to
    running BE.
    This sounds crazy but my bestart never works on reboot.

  4. Re: BackUp Exec 7.5 wont detect my tape drive

    Neither worked. It turns out that my AIT drive isn't on the list supported
    devices by BE 7.5. SO i need a driver. I switched the tape w/an older one
    that BE does support but it slows down the process.

    Raoul Watson wrote in message
    > Try to unload cpqscsi and reload it to re-detect the scsi ports prior to
    > running BE.
    > This sounds crazy but my bestart never works on reboot.

+ Reply to Thread