Error 35073 ??????? not found on the Veritas site - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Error 35073 ??????? not found on the Veritas site - Veritas Backup Exec ; I loaded Backup Exec and all was looking well till I restarted my server. Now when I start backup exec version 9.0 running on Novell 6.0, I can't login to the administration console. If I enter a the admin user ...

  1. Error 35073 ??????? not found on the Veritas site

    I loaded Backup Exec and all was looking well till I restarted my server.
    Now when I start backup exec version 9.0 running on Novell 6.0, I can't login
    to the administration console. If I enter a the admin user and password,
    I get the following error
    " unable to login admin on connection 21. Error 35073". I can't find the
    error number anywhere on the Veritas site nor can I find any information
    as to what the problem may be. I have at least 1 free novell license and
    am entering a valid username amd password. I know the software is checking
    the user and password because if I enter a user name that I made up ( know
    to be bad ) I get a "user does not exist" message. This indicates that the
    software is checking the login information, just not allowing a login.
    Any Ideas?

  2. Re: Error 35073 ??????? not found on the Veritas site

    Did you ever find an answer to this error. I am having the same problem.
    I cannot backup as administrator or backup user.

    "Kyle Wyrick" wrote:

    >I loaded Backup Exec and all was looking well till I restarted my server.
    >Now when I start backup exec version 9.0 running on Novell 6.0, I can't

    login
    >to the administration console. If I enter a the admin user and password,
    >I get the following error
    >" unable to login admin on connection 21. Error 35073". I can't find the
    >error number anywhere on the Veritas site nor can I find any information
    >as to what the problem may be. I have at least 1 free novell license and
    >am entering a valid username amd password. I know the software is checking
    >the user and password because if I enter a user name that I made up ( know
    >to be bad ) I get a "user does not exist" message. This indicates that the
    >software is checking the login information, just not allowing a login.
    > Any Ideas?

  3. Re: Error 35073 ??????? not found on the Veritas site

    Never did get an answer and am still having the problem even after reinstalling
    the product.
    "don r" wrote:

    >Did you ever find an answer to this error. I am having the same problem.
    > I cannot backup as administrator or backup user.
    >
    >"Kyle Wyrick" wrote:
    >>
    >>I loaded Backup Exec and all was looking well till I restarted my server.
    >>Now when I start backup exec version 9.0 running on Novell 6.0, I can't

    >login
    >>to the administration console. If I enter a the admin user and password,
    >>I get the following error
    >>" unable to login admin on connection 21. Error 35073". I can't find the
    >>error number anywhere on the Veritas site nor can I find any information
    >>as to what the problem may be. I have at least 1 free novell license and
    >>am entering a valid username amd password. I know the software is checking
    >>the user and password because if I enter a user name that I made up ( know
    >>to be bad ) I get a "user does not exist" message. This indicates that

    the
    >>software is checking the login information, just not allowing a login.

    >> Any Ideas?

  4. Re: Error 35073 ??????? not found on the Veritas site

    How many "simultaneous" connections are you allowed? Make sure you have at
    least three.

  5. Re: Error 35073 ??????? not found on the Veritas site

    I have more than three "simultaneous" connections allowed and am having the
    same problem.

    "Raoul Watson" wrote:
    >How many "simultaneous" connections are you allowed? Make sure you have

    at
    >least three.

  6. Re: Error 35073 ??????? not found on the Veritas site

    We tried the procedure described in TID 189672 - and it worked! We are running
    Novell 6.0 and BE 9.0.

    "Dave Holton" wrote:

    >I have more than three "simultaneous" connections allowed and am having

    the
    >same problem.
    >

    >"Raoul Watson" wrote:
    >>How many "simultaneous" connections are you allowed? Make sure you have

    >at
    >>least three.

  7. Re: Error 35073 ??????? not found on the Veritas site

    Same problem - same results

    "Kyle Wyrick" wrote:

    >Never did get an answer and am still having the problem even after reinstalling
    >the product.
    >"don r" wrote:
    >>
    >>Did you ever find an answer to this error. I am having the same problem.
    >> I cannot backup as administrator or backup user.
    >>
    >>"Kyle Wyrick" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>I loaded Backup Exec and all was looking well till I restarted my server.
    >>>Now when I start backup exec version 9.0 running on Novell 6.0, I can't

    >>login
    >>>to the administration console. If I enter a the admin user and password,
    >>>I get the following error
    >>>" unable to login admin on connection 21. Error 35073". I can't find the
    >>>error number anywhere on the Veritas site nor can I find any information
    >>>as to what the problem may be. I have at least 1 free novell license and
    >>>am entering a valid username amd password. I know the software is checking
    >>>the user and password because if I enter a user name that I made up (

    know
    >>>to be bad ) I get a "user does not exist" message. This indicates that

    >the
    >>>software is checking the login information, just not allowing a login.

    >>> Any Ideas?

  8. Re: Error 35073 ??????? not found on the Veritas site

    Robert,
    Could you clarify your response. I cannot find a TID with that number. I
    have experiencing the 35073 error since upgrading with SP6 on a 5.1 server.

    Thanks,

    "Robert Kolmhofer" wrote:

    >We tried the procedure described in TID 189672 - and it worked! We are running
    >Novell 6.0 and BE 9.0.
    >

    >"Dave Holton" wrote:
    >>
    >>I have more than three "simultaneous" connections allowed and am having

    >the
    >>same problem.
    >>

    >>"Raoul Watson" wrote:
    >>>How many "simultaneous" connections are you allowed? Make sure you have

    >>at
    >>>least three.

  9. Re: Error 35073 ??????? not found on the Veritas site

    For what it's worth, after I ran dsrepair and unloaded and reloaded Backup
    Exec, I was able to login on our system after having gotten this error.
    You might try that.

    Colleen Stowe

    "JD Smith" wrote:

    >Same problem - same results
    >
    >"Kyle Wyrick" wrote:
    >>
    >>Never did get an answer and am still having the problem even after reinstalling
    >>the product.
    >>"don r" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Did you ever find an answer to this error. I am having the same problem.
    >>> I cannot backup as administrator or backup user.

    >>>login

    the

    and

    >know

    >>the

  10. Re: Error 35073 ??????? not found on the Veritas site

    Did anyone ever find a solution to this problem? Server in question is NetWare
    6.0 server with SP5 running Backup Exec version 8.5 for NetWare. Exactly
    as earlier stated...everything was fine until 1st reboot. The we lost the
    ability to login as admin. We used another account with admin rights until
    2nd reboot. We then lost the ability to login to Backup Exec as any user.
    Have run DSREPAIR, confirmed availability of licenses, checked for concurrent
    connections, etc. Does anyone know the fix for this problem?

    "JD Smith" wrote:

    Same problem - same results

    Kyle Wyrick" wrote:
    I loaded Backup Exec and all was looking well till I restarted my server.
    Now when I start backup exec version 9.0 running on Novell 6.0, I can't login
    to the administration console. If I enter a the admin user and password,
    I get the following error "unable to login admin on connection 21. Error
    35073". I can't find the error number anywhere on the Veritas site nor can
    I find any information as to what the problem may be. I have at least 1 free
    novell license and am entering a valid username amd password. I know the
    software is checking the user and password because if I enter a user name
    that I made up (know to be bad ) I get a "user does not exist" message. This
    indicates that the
    software is checking the login information, just not allowing a login. Any
    Ideas?

  11. Antw: Re: Error 35073 ??????? not found on the Veritas site

    Hi Jeremy,

    maybe you have an Problem with the TSA. So you can try the Beta TSA from Novell (TID #: 2970035 TSA5up15.exe) It solved my login Problems at diferantal customer Networks.

    Have a nice day
    Peter

    >>> Prent Patrick 11.01.2005 21:03 >>>

    Did anyone ever find a solution to this problem? Server in question is NetWare
    6.0 server with SP5 running Backup Exec version 8.5 for NetWare. Exactly
    as earlier stated...everything was fine until 1st reboot. The we lost the
    ability to login as admin. We used another account with admin rights until
    2nd reboot. We then lost the ability to login to Backup Exec as any user.
    Have run DSREPAIR, confirmed availability of licenses, checked for concurrent
    connections, etc. Does anyone know the fix for this problem?

    "JD Smith" wrote:

    Same problem - same results

    Kyle Wyrick" wrote:
    I loaded Backup Exec and all was looking well till I restarted my server.
    Now when I start backup exec version 9.0 running on Novell 6.0, I can't login
    to the administration console. If I enter a the admin user and password,
    I get the following error "unable to login admin on connection 21. Error
    35073". I can't find the error number anywhere on the Veritas site nor can
    I find any information as to what the problem may be. I have at least 1 free
    novell license and am entering a valid username amd password. I know the
    software is checking the user and password because if I enter a user name
    that I made up (know to be bad ) I get a "user does not exist" message. This
    indicates that the
    software is checking the login information, just not allowing a login. Any
    Ideas?

+ Reply to Thread