After Abend Unable to unload BE9.0 modules - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on After Abend Unable to unload BE9.0 modules - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, last night BE9.0 creates an Abend ('Abend 1 on P00: Server-5.60b: General Protection Processor Exception (Error Code 00000000) ... Running Process: VxNDMP_133b56a0 Process; Thread owned by NLM: NDMPD.NLM). Active Job stuck, no chance to abort it. I tried BESTOP ...

  1. After Abend Unable to unload BE9.0 modules

    Hi,

    last night BE9.0 creates an Abend ('Abend 1 on P00: Server-5.60b: General
    Protection Processor Exception (Error Code 00000000) ... Running Process:
    VxNDMP_133b56a0 Process; Thread owned by NLM: NDMPD.NLM).
    Active Job stuck, no chance to abort it. I tried BESTOP at server console
    but BE cannot unload all modules ('Unable to unload BESRVR) and with BESTART
    there comes the following message: 'The media server is
    initializing/deinitializing...', the Javaserver isn't initialized and the
    job is already active. BE is waiting for finishing the job ('Bkupexec:
    Unloading. Waiting for Job(s) to complete.').

    System: NW6.0SP1, BE9.0 v??? (BKUPEXEC.NLM v9.0 27.02.2002), HPNetserver
    E800, HPSureStore C1537A

    Any ideas?

    Regards Uwe
    --
    Uwe Böxkes
    TIMECRAFT Personaldienstleistungen GmbH

  2. Re: After Abend Unable to unload BE9.0 modules

    Hi,

    "Uwe Böxkes" wrote:
    > Hi,
    >[blabla]

    I've 'managed' it with 'Reset Server'.

    Uwe
    --
    Uwe Böxkes
    TIMECRAFT Personaldienstleistungen GmbH
    Nürnberg

  3. Re: After Abend Unable to unload BE9.0 modules

    First thing apply the latest patch available on net. This version of
    (BKUPEXEC.NLM v9.0 27.02.2002) is very old.

    And you should get the latest build of EBNW9.0 - build 4172, see:

    "Uwe Böxkes" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > "Uwe Böxkes" wrote:
    > > Hi,