McAfee NetShield for NetWare & BENW 8.5 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on McAfee NetShield for NetWare & BENW 8.5 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Similar to the thread in Dec. '01, I'm wanting to know how to safely disable the on-access virus scanner in McAfee NetShield. It also unloads with an F-10, and if you try to just do an UNLOAD NETSHLD it often ...

  1. McAfee NetShield for NetWare & BENW 8.5

    Similar to the thread in Dec. '01, I'm wanting to know how to safely
    disable the on-access virus scanner in McAfee NetShield. It also unloads
    with an F-10, and if you try to just do an UNLOAD NETSHLD it often
    stalls and brings down the server - not something we want to risk every
    night.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks,

    Hope Dundas

    ~~
    Hope Dundas, suhopdu@umich.edu
    Assistant System Administrator
    Housing Information Technology Office
    University of Michigan

  2. Re: McAfee NetShield for NetWare & BENW 8.5

    Hope

    > Similar to the thread in Dec. '01, I'm wanting to know how to safely
    > disable the on-access virus scanner in McAfee NetShield. It also unloads
    > with an F-10, and if you try to just do an UNLOAD NETSHLD it often
    > stalls and brings down the server - not something we want to risk every
    > night.

    Hmm, if you have a problem unloading NetShield itself, then you might be
    better off speaking to McAfee.

    IIRC (I used to use v4.5), if you're just wanting to disable inbound or
    outbound realtime scanning of files, then that can be achieved either on the
    server console, or from the windows management console.

    HTH

    Michael

+ Reply to Thread