Ver 9 - 4019 'Can't see other servers in Tree w/ Bkupexec' - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Ver 9 - 4019 'Can't see other servers in Tree w/ Bkupexec' - Veritas Backup Exec ; 2 file servers in the same tree. NW5.1 on each. Media server backs-up just fine. Second server can;t be seen by Backup Exec. Users can authenticate to 2nd server fine, have drive mappings, etc. Replicas exist on both for each, ...

  1. Ver 9 - 4019 'Can't see other servers in Tree w/ Bkupexec'

    2 file servers in the same tree. NW5.1 on each. Media server backs-up just
    fine. Second server can;t be seen by Backup Exec.
    Users can authenticate to 2nd server fine, have drive mappings, etc. Replicas
    exist on both for each, time sync is in place and syncd; But...BackUp Exec
    won't look at the second server.

    We bought the multi-server version 9 (build 4019) because of the additional
    server(s) we are adding. We upgraded 8.5 single server ver. that previously
    existed on the new Media server. That went just fine.

    I have one 'ah HA!' i think might help:
    "If I uninstall BackUp Exec (according to the rule book), then re-install...BackUp
    Exec STILL only sees ONE server. It should give me an option to pick from
    the two...Right?"

    Skip

  2. Re: Ver 9 - 4019 'Can't see other servers in Tree w/ Bkupexec'

    Skip

    > 2 file servers in the same tree. NW5.1 on each. Media server backs-up

    just
    > fine. Second server can;t be seen by Backup Exec.

    Umm, have you installed & started the remote agent on the other servers?
    You need to do that, see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/246700.htm

    Michael

  3. Re: Ver 9 - 4019 'Can't see other servers in Tree w/ Bkupexec'

    Skip

    > We bought the multi-server version 9 (build 4019) because of the

    additional
    > server(s) we are adding.

    And you should get the latest build of EBNW9.0 - build 4172, see:

    Michael

  4. Re: Ver 9 - 4019 'Can't see other servers in Tree w/ Bkupexec'

    Thank's Mike,
    This is our first crack at this multi-server thing.
    NetWare Remote Server for Backup Exec v9 is an additional 'mod' we need to
    buy, correct?

    "Michael" wrote:
    >Skip
    >
    >> 2 file servers in the same tree. NW5.1 on each. Media server backs-up

    >just
    >> fine. Second server can;t be seen by Backup Exec.

    >Umm, have you installed & started the remote agent on the other servers?
    >You need to do that, see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/246700.htm
    >
    >Michael

  5. Re: Ver 9 - 4019 'Can't see other servers in Tree w/ Bkupexec'

    Skip

    > This is our first crack at this multi-server thing.
    > NetWare Remote Server for Backup Exec v9 is an additional 'mod' we need to
    > buy, correct?

    Yeah, before with BE8.5, you just bought Multi or Single server edition.
    Nowadays, AFAIK, you buy the remote agent license keys seperately.

    Michael

  6. Re: Ver 9 - 4019 'Can't see other servers in Tree w/ Bkupexec'

    Excellent! That was the fix.

    Now we just choke up the $$ for the remote license. Ouch!

    "Michael" wrote:
    >Skip
    >
    >> 2 file servers in the same tree. NW5.1 on each. Media server backs-up

    >just
    >> fine. Second server can;t be seen by Backup Exec.

    >Umm, have you installed & started the remote agent on the other servers?
    >You need to do that, see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/246700.htm
    >
    >Michael

  7. Re: Ver 9 - 4019 'Can't see other servers in Tree w/ Bkupexec'

    Skip

    > Excellent! That was the fix.

    Good news, now don't forget to go get the latest build! :-)

    Michael

+ Reply to Thread