be v9.0 remote winnt agent - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on be v9.0 remote winnt agent - Veritas Backup Exec ; hi, i have performance problems with winnt agents. my hardware and tape drives work fine with remote backup from netware 6 server (~600 MB/Min). with the same server and the same ultrium drive i get ~150 MB/Min if i backup ...

  1. be v9.0 remote winnt agent

    hi,

    i have performance problems with winnt agents.

    my hardware and tape drives work fine with remote
    backup from netware 6 server (~600 MB/Min).
    with the same server and the same ultrium drive i get
    ~150 MB/Min if i backup a winnt/w2k Remote Server.

    any idea ?

    Remote Servers :

    Dell Poweredge 4600/ Netware 6/SP 2
    HP Servers / WinNT 4/SP6
    No-Name PC / WinNT 4 /SP6
    No-Name PC / W2K /SP2 or SP3

    Link Speed from Server:

    Backup Server = 1 GBit
    Remote server = 1 GB or 100 MBit

    No fun with WinNT Remote Agents.

    Bye,

    Markus Herres

  2. Re: be v9.0 remote winnt agent

    Markus

    > i have performance problems with winnt agents.

    What are the NICs & switches set to (100mb/full, etc...)?
    Client 32 installed on remote winnt machine?
    Disabled the nagles algorithm & TCP ack on the NW server
    (http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/se...10061174.htm)?

    Michael

  3. Re: be v9.0 remote winnt agent

    thanks for response.

    i allways check this issues.

    tcp delayed ack:
    tcp delayed ack increase the performance of the netware remote backup. -->
    no problem (from 450 MB/min to 650 MB)
    the backup speed is the same on winnt remote maschine with tcp delay or not.

    full duplex:
    one of the 10 servers are duplex mismatched. i checked this. with duplex
    mismatch the performance crawled to 30 MB/min.

    client32:
    client32 is not installed on the remote machine!
    remote agent only need Microsoft Network Client.
    i install the agent with setupaa.cmd and enter the registration at the
    backupserver.

    bye,

    Markus Herres

+ Reply to Thread