Multiserver-Backup and SAN - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Multiserver-Backup and SAN - Veritas Backup Exec ; today we use an Multiserver Backup with an local Compaq SDLT, to backup small Netware Server. We want install a SAN-Backup for our big Netware Servers. Is it possible, that the above Multiserver-Backup shares the Tapelibrary with the other servers? ...

  1. Multiserver-Backup and SAN

    today we use an Multiserver Backup with an local Compaq SDLT, to backup small
    Netware Server. We want install a SAN-Backup for our big Netware Servers.
    Is it possible, that the above Multiserver-Backup shares the Tapelibrary
    with the other servers?
    This means getting Data thru Ethernet and Backup thru SAN/FC.
    Any suggestions?

    Greetings
    Peter

  2. Re: Multiserver-Backup and SAN

    BE 9.0 supports such a facility provided all your servers are in the same
    tree. Every server can share the tape library, but the data will flow
    through the SAN FC from that server itself. You have to configure one server
    as primary server and all others secondary servers,and take benefit of SSO.
    Backup Data will flow from each server each of which will have BE installed
    on them through FC to the backup device. BE on each server will coordinate
    to share the device. In null short you will multiple copies of BE on each
    server which will share the device and data will flow from each server to
    the tape device.
    "Peter Kroeber" wrote in message

    > today we use an Multiserver Backup with an local Compaq SDLT, to backup

    small
    > Netware Server. We want install a SAN-Backup for our big Netware Servers.
    > Is it possible, that the above Multiserver-Backup shares the Tapelibrary
    > with the other servers?
    > This means getting Data thru Ethernet and Backup thru SAN/FC.
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Greetings
    > Peter

+ Reply to Thread