Netware Backup Error - Help - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Netware Backup Error - Help - Veritas Backup Exec ; Using Netware 6 and BE v9.4019. I am getting the following error message and cannot seen to clear it nomatter what I try: Job name: FS-1 Daily Full Job run number: 1 Job type: BACKUP Submitted: 08/09/02 at 07:51:46a Policy ...

  1. Netware Backup Error - Help

    Using Netware 6 and BE v9.4019.
    I am getting the following error message and cannot seen to clear it nomatter
    what I try:
    Job name: FS-1 Daily Full
    Job run number: 1
    Job type: BACKUP
    Submitted: 08/09/02 at 07:51:46a
    Policy name: FS-1 Daily
    Backup method: Full
    Job completed: With ERROR - Insufficient privilege for \.\.T=RPS_TREE\.-
    O=RPS\.NLS:Publisher=Novell+NLS:Product=BorderMana ger Access Control+NLS-
    :Version=350\.NLS:License ID=SN:95319487.NLS:Publisher=Novell+NLS:Produc-
    t=BorderManager Access Control+NLS:Version=350.O=RPS.T=RPS_TREE. - SKIPP-
    ED.

    I am logged in as admin with Supv. rights.
    Can anyone explain why I cann backup these files/directories, and what I
    can do to stop the error message?

    TX
    marc

  2. Re: Netware Backup Error - Help

    Marc

    > Can anyone explain why I cann backup these files/directories,

    You can't back them up because they are NLS license objects - as part of the
    security of DS, Novell made these "un-backupable" roundabout NW5.0SP4

    > and what I can do to stop the error message?

    2 things:
    1. If you're continuing with build 4019 of BE9.0, recreate the jobs, but
    exclude the license objects from your selections
    2. Upgrade to the latest build (4172.2) which has a file included to
    automatically exclude these objects.
    (4172.2 is available here: http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/249550.htm)

    Michael

  3. Re: Netware Backup Error - Help

    Michael,
    Thanks. I installed the latest version and backup is working fine.
    No errors or warnings.
    Marc

    "Michael" wrote:
    >Marc
    >
    >> Can anyone explain why I cann backup these files/directories,

    >You can't back them up because they are NLS license objects - as part of

    the
    >security of DS, Novell made these "un-backupable" roundabout NW5.0SP4
    >
    >> and what I can do to stop the error message?

    >2 things:
    >1. If you're continuing with build 4019 of BE9.0, recreate the jobs, but
    >exclude the license objects from your selections
    >2. Upgrade to the latest build (4172.2) which has a file included to
    >automatically exclude these objects.
    >(4172.2 is available here: http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/249550.htm)
    >
    >Michael

  4. Re: Netware Backup Error - Help

    Marc

    > Thanks. I installed the latest version and backup is working fine.
    > No errors or warnings.

    np - good to hear :-)

    Michael

+ Reply to Thread