BE 8.5 have remote console? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE 8.5 have remote console? - Veritas Backup Exec ; I finally have 8.5 running but only on Netware console. Remote console says can't find server. Still using IPX. Hoping this is not just a feature of 9.0 Thanks...

  1. BE 8.5 have remote console?

    I finally have 8.5 running but only on Netware console. Remote console says
    can't find server. Still using IPX. Hoping this is not just a feature of
    9.0

    Thanks

  2. Re: BE 8.5 have remote console?

    sparks

    > I finally have 8.5 running but only on Netware console. Remote console

    says
    > can't find server. Still using IPX. Hoping this is not just a feature of
    > 9.0

    This isn't a "feature" of 8.5, 9.0 or any BE version - RCONSOLE & BE are not
    in anyway related.

    RCONSOLE makes a connection to the server through RSPX.NLM and REMOTE.NLM so
    that you can view the console screens, it doesn't connect to the BE NetWare
    Client or Job Manager.

    Make sure that IPX is bound correctly to the NIC, and that RSPX.NLM &
    REMOTE.NLM are loaded correctly on the server

    Michael

  3. Re: BE 8.5 have remote console?

    Sorry ... I meant a console running from WIN9x/NT that controls the backups
    ... and also does client backups.

    "Michael" wrote:
    >sparks
    >
    >> I finally have 8.5 running but only on Netware console. Remote console

    >says
    >> can't find server. Still using IPX. Hoping this is not just a feature

    of
    >> 9.0

    >This isn't a "feature" of 8.5, 9.0 or any BE version - RCONSOLE & BE are

    not
    >in anyway related.
    >
    >RCONSOLE makes a connection to the server through RSPX.NLM and REMOTE.NLM

    so
    >that you can view the console screens, it doesn't connect to the BE NetWare
    >Client or Job Manager.
    >
    >Make sure that IPX is bound correctly to the NIC, and that RSPX.NLM &
    >REMOTE.NLM are loaded correctly on the server
    >
    >Michael

  4. Re: BE 8.5 have remote console?

    Sparks

    > Sorry ... I meant a console running from WIN9x/NT that controls the

    backups
    > .. and also does client backups.

    You mean the Windows Client?
    Ok, what build of BE8.5 have you got?

    Use the very latest version (194.1) available as a download from
    http://support.veritas.com

    Michael

  5. BE8.5 Windows Client work on 2000 (not here)

    "Michael" wrote:
    >Sparks
    >
    >> Sorry ... I meant a console running from WIN9x/NT that controls the

    >backups
    >> .. and also does client backups.

    >You mean the Windows Client?
    >Ok, what build of BE8.5 have you got?
    >
    >Use the very latest version (194.1) available as a download from
    >http://support.veritas.com

    I just downloaded the BE8.5 yesterday so it has to be the newest. It only
    mentions WIN9x and NT. It does not work on 2000 (no backup server).

  6. Only works on WIN9x

    "sparks" wrote:

    >"Michael" wrote:
    >>Sparks
    >>
    >>> Sorry ... I meant a console running from WIN9x/NT that controls the

    >>backups
    >>> .. and also does client backups.

    >>You mean the Windows Client?
    >>Ok, what build of BE8.5 have you got?
    >>
    >>Use the very latest version (194.1) available as a download from
    >>http://support.veritas.com

    >I just downloaded the BE8.5 yesterday so it has to be the newest. It only
    >mentions WIN9x and NT. It does not work on 2000 (no backup server).

  7. Re: BE8.5 Windows Client work on 2000 (not here)

    Sparks

    > I just downloaded the BE8.5 yesterday so it has to be the newest. It only
    > mentions WIN9x and NT. It does not work on 2000 (no backup server).

    So you're trying to install the Windows Client on w2k? It *might* work,
    although the guides don't mention it (personally, I never use it anyway).

    You've got IPX enabled on the w/s?
    Have you got Novell's Client32 installed on the w/s?

    Michael

+ Reply to Thread