Veritas and e directory - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Veritas and e directory - Veritas Backup Exec ; We are getting ready to move to zenworks 3.x and to do that we are needing to upgrade our nds to e directory. I was wondering if there are any known compatibility issues between e directory and backup exec 9.x....

  1. Veritas and e directory

    We are getting ready to move to zenworks 3.x and to do that we are needing
    to upgrade our nds to e directory. I was wondering if there are any known
    compatibility issues between e directory and backup exec 9.x.

  2. Re: Veritas and e directory

    Tyler

    > We are getting ready to move to zenworks 3.x and to do that we are needing
    > to upgrade our nds to e directory. I was wondering if there are any known
    > compatibility issues between e directory and backup exec 9.x.

    Only the standard IDR & NDS 8.x problem

    Michael

  3. Re: Veritas and e directory

    "Michael" wrote:
    >Tyler
    >
    >> We are getting ready to move to zenworks 3.x and to do that we are needing
    >> to upgrade our nds to e directory. I was wondering if there are any known
    >> compatibility issues between e directory and backup exec 9.x.

    >Only the standard IDR & NDS 8.x problem
    >
    >Michael

    What is the standard IDR & NDS 8.x problem ?
    [I am new to some of this. However, I could never get IDR (v8.5 release about
    two years ago) to work properly on NW5.1 and I think sp1. I have also seen
    unable to back up licenses at the root].

    John Glennie CNE

  4. Re: Veritas and e directory

    John

    > What is the standard IDR & NDS 8.x problem ?

    That IDR won't work with NDS8

    > [I am new to some of this. However, I could never get IDR (v8.5 release

    about
    > two years ago) to work properly on NW5.1 and I think sp1.

    I know that Veritas have been reworking the IDR stuff - have you tried again
    with the latest builds?

    > I have also seen unable to back up licenses at the root].

    You can't back up NLS License objects - that's by Novell's design since
    NW5.0SP4 or thereabouts.

    Michael

  5. Re: Veritas and e directory

    Thanks Michael
    see * below
    John

    "Michael" wrote in message news:3d58bdf4@hronntp01....
    > John
    >
    > > What is the standard IDR & NDS 8.x problem ?

    > That IDR won't work with NDS8

    * Ok thanks

    > > [I am new to some of this. However, I could never get IDR (v8.5 release

    > about
    > > two years ago) to work properly on NW5.1 and I think sp1.

    > I know that Veritas have been reworking the IDR stuff - have you tried

    again
    > with the latest builds?

    * No, will have to try again. The problem last time was getting the server
    back into the tree. The restore of C: I could get to work but it was not
    100%. The issue with getting back into the tree was the options the server
    gave, new tree was there but put existing server back in option did not
    show. I was able to get the test back with Novell tech support. Seems BE did
    not 'save' all the NLS files. Once we did a manual restore of all NLS files
    we could get the required option. This is from memory 2 years ago....

    > > I have also seen unable to back up licenses at the root].

    > You can't back up NLS License objects - that's by Novell's design since
    > NW5.0SP4 or thereabouts.

    * OK Thanks. Did not know that but have seen 'failure'.

    > Michael

  6. Re: Veritas and e directory

    John

    > * No, will have to try again. The problem last time was getting the server
    > back into the tree. The restore of C: I could get to work but it was not
    > 100%. The issue with getting back into the tree was the options the server
    > gave, new tree was there but put existing server back in option did not
    > show. I was able to get the test back with Novell tech support. Seems BE

    did
    > not 'save' all the NLS files. Once we did a manual restore of all NLS

    files
    > we could get the required option. This is from memory 2 years ago....

    Hmmm, interesting - sounds like it's probably to do with the NLS object
    problem though...

    Michael

+ Reply to Thread