Tape rotation problem - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Tape rotation problem - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, Why does the tape rotation version 8.5 ask for new tapes allmost every week.? I have to prepare a new tape. It is used for backup and the next time i look into prepared tapes it is gone again, ...

  1. Tape rotation problem

    Hi,

    Why does the tape rotation version 8.5 ask for new tapes allmost every week.?
    I have to prepare a new tape. It is used for backup and the next time i look
    into prepared tapes it is gone again, and asking me to prepare more tapes.

    Netware 5
    Backupexec 8.5
    2 HP dat24 drives in 1 partition

    Kind regards
    Joost Wolthuis

  2. Re: Tape rotation problem

    Take my advice. Get rid of automatic rotation and do it manually.
    "Joost Wolthuis" wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > Why does the tape rotation version 8.5 ask for new tapes allmost every

    week.?
    > I have to prepare a new tape. It is used for backup and the next time i

    look
    > into prepared tapes it is gone again, and asking me to prepare more tapes.
    >
    > Netware 5
    > Backupexec 8.5
    > 2 HP dat24 drives in 1 partition
    >
    > Kind regards
    > Joost Wolthuis

  3. Re: Tape rotation problem

    As 'blumamy' pointed out, do a manual implementation of a tape schedule.
    Do an archive search of my comments regarding this from months ago.
    Phil G.

    "Joost Wolthuis" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Why does the tape rotation version 8.5 ask for new tapes allmost every week.?
    >I have to prepare a new tape. It is used for backup and the next time i

    look
    >into prepared tapes it is gone again, and asking me to prepare more tapes.
    >
    >Netware 5
    >Backupexec 8.5
    >2 HP dat24 drives in 1 partition
    >
    >Kind regards