File Compression on Mirroring - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on File Compression on Mirroring - Veritas Backup Exec ; Could someone please tell me if Backup Exec for Netware will enable me to mirror copy from server to server as ArcServe 7 will do. Also, does Backup Exec have a switch to decompress the data on a non-NSS volume ...

  1. File Compression on Mirroring

    Could someone please tell me if Backup Exec for Netware will enable me to
    mirror copy from server to server as ArcServe 7 will do. Also, does Backup
    Exec have a switch to decompress the data on a non-NSS volume on the source
    disc before it lays the data to a targeted NSS volume while doing this mirroring.

  2. Re: File Compression on Mirroring

    "Michael" wrote:
    >Rockne Foreman
    >
    >> Could someone please tell me if Backup Exec for Netware will enable me

    >> mirror copy from server to server as ArcServe 7 will do.

    >No it doesn't.
    >
    >> Also, does Backup Exec have a switch to decompress the data on a non-NSS
    >> volume on the source disc before it lays the data to a targeted NSS volume
    >> while doing this mirroring.

    >There is a switch to backup files as uncompressed, if you want to back them
    >up to tape first. What version of BE are you running?
    >
    >Michael

    Thanks for the information. I was looking to change from ArcServe 7 to backup
    exec if it had the mirroring capability and decompression of files. Thanks
    for the information Micheal.

    Rock

  3. Re: File Compression on Mirroring

    Rockne Foreman

    > Could someone please tell me if Backup Exec for Netware will enable me to
    > mirror copy from server to server as ArcServe 7 will do.

    No it doesn't.

    > Also, does Backup Exec have a switch to decompress the data on a non-NSS
    > volume on the source disc before it lays the data to a targeted NSS volume
    > while doing this mirroring.

    There is a switch to backup files as uncompressed, if you want to back them
    up to tape first. What version of BE are you running?

    Michael

  4. Re: File Compression on Mirroring

    Rock

    > Thanks for the information. I was looking to change from ArcServe 7 to
    > backup exec if it had the mirroring capability and decompression of files.
    > Thanks for the information Micheal.

    np - you might want to log it as an enhancement request at
    http://enhancement.veritas.com

    Michael

+ Reply to Thread