SCSI BUS TIMEOUT FIXED! - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on SCSI BUS TIMEOUT FIXED! - Veritas Backup Exec ; I hope this message helps other people who may have this problem. Our Netware 5.0 server with BE 8.5 ran flawlessly for over a year, then suddenly started recieving SCSI BUS TIMEOUT error messages withing BE. After replacing the tape ...

  1. SCSI BUS TIMEOUT FIXED!

    I hope this message helps other people who may have this problem. Our Netware
    5.0 server with BE 8.5 ran flawlessly for over a year, then suddenly started
    recieving SCSI BUS TIMEOUT error messages withing BE. After replacing the
    tape drive, changing SCSI ID's, new SCSI Cable, updating Netware drivers,
    Server BIOS, re-install BE and following Veritas's recommendations in the
    PDF document did not work! Finally..the solution. The SCSI terminator on
    our external tape drive was bad!!! Who would have ever thought one of these
    could go bad? Replaced it at a hunch and like magic, the backups run flawlessly
    again!

    I hope this message helps someone out there so they don't have to go through
    the hell I did trying to solve this problem.

    Jeff

  2. Re: SCSI BUS TIMEOUT FIXED!

    Thanks Jeff,
    I think that now Veritas can add that also in the list of probable solutions
    to such a problem.
    "Jeff" wrote in message

    > I hope this message helps other people who may have this problem. Our

    Netware
    > 5.0 server with BE 8.5 ran flawlessly for over a year, then suddenly

    started
    > recieving SCSI BUS TIMEOUT error messages withing BE. After replacing the
    > tape drive, changing SCSI ID's, new SCSI Cable, updating Netware drivers,
    > Server BIOS, re-install BE and following Veritas's recommendations in the
    > PDF document did not work! Finally..the solution. The SCSI terminator on
    > our external tape drive was bad!!! Who would have ever thought one of

    these
    > could go bad? Replaced it at a hunch and like magic, the backups run

    flawlessly
    > again!
    >
    > I hope this message helps someone out there so they don't have to go

    through
    > the hell I did trying to solve this problem.
    >
    > Jeff

+ Reply to Thread