TOTAL CACHE BUFFERS GOING DOWN - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on TOTAL CACHE BUFFERS GOING DOWN - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I upgraded from NW 5.0 SP6a to NW 5.1 SP3 w/ Veritas 8.5 Build 194. Everytime that I run BackupExec the servers' "Total Cache Buffers" start going down and down. If I reboot the server; the first time running ...

  1. TOTAL CACHE BUFFERS GOING DOWN

    Hi,

    I upgraded from NW 5.0 SP6a to NW 5.1 SP3 w/ Veritas 8.5 Build 194.

    Everytime that I run BackupExec the servers' "Total Cache Buffers" start
    going down and down. If I reboot the server; the first time running
    BackupExec they go from aprox. 100,000 to near 55,000. The second time they
    go from aprox. 55,000 to near 0. After that, you know what happens; "Cache
    memory allocator out of available memory" and it is down and dead. &$%&&%&

    What can I do ? Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: TOTAL CACHE BUFFERS GOING DOWN

    JD

    > I upgraded from NW 5.0 SP6a to NW 5.1 SP3 w/ Veritas 8.5 Build 194.

    What version of NWASPI.CDM are you running?
    If it's 3.20 or 3.22, then you could well be experiencing the known problem
    with those versions causing a memory leak.
    You'll need v3.21 from NW51SP2a to resolve it.

    Michael

  3. Re: TOTAL CACHE BUFFERS GOING DOWN

    Thanks for replying Michael.

    I am using NWASPI.CDM version 3.22 of July 25, 2001 from NW51SP4.

    I will try installing version 3.21.

    Thanks in advance.

    "Michael" wrote in message news:3d51403a@hronntp01....
    > JD
    >
    > > I upgraded from NW 5.0 SP6a to NW 5.1 SP3 w/ Veritas 8.5 Build 194.

    > What version of NWASPI.CDM are you running?
    > If it's 3.20 or 3.22, then you could well be experiencing the known

    problem
    > with those versions causing a memory leak.
    > You'll need v3.21 from NW51SP2a to resolve it.
    >
    > Michael

  4. Re: TOTAL CACHE BUFFERS GOING DOWN

    JD

    > I am using NWASPI.CDM version 3.22 of July 25, 2001 from NW51SP4.

    That's the culprit then.

    > I will try installing version 3.21.

    It's in SP2a, if you haven't got that, I have a copy - send me an email (the
    address in the header is valid), and I'll send you it back.

    > Thanks in advance.

    np - that should fix it :-)

    Michael

  5. Re: TOTAL CACHE BUFFERS GOING DOWN

    I checked the Novell support site and found the file.

    Thanks very much,

    "Michael" wrote in message
    > JD
    >
    > > I am using NWASPI.CDM version 3.22 of July 25, 2001 from NW51SP4.

    > That's the culprit then.
    >
    > > I will try installing version 3.21.

    > It's in SP2a, if you haven't got that, I have a copy - send me an email

    (the
    > address in the header is valid), and I'll send you it back.
    >
    > > Thanks in advance.

    > np - that should fix it :-)
    >
    > Michael

  6. Re: TOTAL CACHE BUFFERS GOING DOWN

    JD

    > I checked the Novell support site and found the file.

    Really? I didn't realise it was still up there!

    > Thanks very much,

    np at all :-)

    Michael

  7. Re: TOTAL CACHE BUFFERS GOING DOWN

    Version 3.21 hasn't worked for me...Nothing has. Right now, I am searching
    for a miracle...
    Tracy Peters

    "JD" wrote:
    >I checked the Novell support site and found the file.
    >
    >Thanks very much,
    >

    >"Michael" wrote in message
    >> JD
    >>
    >> > I am using NWASPI.CDM version 3.22 of July 25, 2001 from NW51SP4.

    >> That's the culprit then.
    >>
    >> > I will try installing version 3.21.

    >> It's in SP2a, if you haven't got that, I have a copy - send me an email

    >(the
    >> address in the header is valid), and I'll send you it back.
    >>
    >> > Thanks in advance.

    >> np - that should fix it :-)
    >>
    >> Michael

  8. Re: TOTAL CACHE BUFFERS GOING DOWN

    Tracy

    > Version 3.21 hasn't worked for me...Nothing has. Right now, I am

    searching
    > for a miracle...

    Any details you can give would be good...
    NW version? SP? BE Version & Build?
    What have you already tried?

    Michael

+ Reply to Thread