IDR HHHmmmmmmm !! - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on IDR HHHmmmmmmm !! - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am using Backexec 9.0 with the Intelligent disaster recovery option, it seems every time i initiate the IDR a message pop's up on my NetWare 5.1 screen stating the following, "The following Error occurred Accessing The Control File, No ...

  1. IDR HHHmmmmmmm !!

    I am using Backexec 9.0 with the Intelligent disaster recovery option, it
    seems every time i initiate the IDR

    a message pop's up on my NetWare 5.1 screen stating the following, "The following
    Error occurred Accessing The Control File,
    No Such File Or Directory"

    Any ideas ...

    Thanx in Advance Tyrone ..

  2. Re: IDR HHHmmmmmmm !!

    To me it looks that you have somehow misplaced some file required by IDR. I
    would suggest that you reinstall BE 9.0 and before reinstalling take backup
    of previous BE by changing the the name of current bkupexec dir to something
    else say bkupexec.old
    "Tyrone" wrote in message

    > I am using Backexec 9.0 with the Intelligent disaster recovery option, it
    > seems every time i initiate the IDR
    >
    > a message pop's up on my NetWare 5.1 screen stating the following, "The

    following
    > Error occurred Accessing The Control File,
    > No Such File Or Directory"
    >

    > Any ideas ...
    >
    > Thanx in Advance Tyrone ..

  3. Re: IDR HHHmmmmmmm !!

    IDR work on BE9 and NW5.1 !!!??
    Which edir ver do you using ?

    "newbie" wrote in message news:3d4e10da@hronntp01....
    > To me it looks that you have somehow misplaced some file required by IDR.

    > would suggest that you reinstall BE 9.0 and before reinstalling take

    backup
    > of previous BE by changing the the name of current bkupexec dir to

    something
    > else say bkupexec.old
    > "Tyrone" wrote in message
    > >
    > > I am using Backexec 9.0 with the Intelligent disaster recovery option,

    it
    > > seems every time i initiate the IDR
    > >
    > > a message pop's up on my NetWare 5.1 screen stating the following, "The

    > following
    > > Error occurred Accessing The Control File,
    > > No Such File Or Directory"
    > >

    > > Any ideas ...
    > >
    > > Thanx in Advance Tyrone ..

  4. Re: IDR HHHmmmmmmm !!

    acme

    > IDR work on BE9 and NW5.1 !!!??

    Yes it will, as long as you're not using NDS8

    > Which edir ver do you using ?

    No-one mentioned eDir....

    Michael

  5. Re: IDR HHHmmmmmmm !!

    "Michael" wrote:
    >acme
    >
    >> IDR work on BE9 and NW5.1 !!!??

    >Yes it will, as long as you're not using NDS8
    >
    >> Which edir ver do you using ?

    >No-one mentioned eDir....
    >
    >Michael

    Yes i am using NDS Ver 8.7, doesn't look promising does it ???

  6. Re: IDR HHHmmmmmmm !!

    Tyrone

    > Yes i am using NDS Ver 8.7, doesn't look promising does it ???

    This shouldn't prevent you running the IDR installation or prep, but you'll
    probably find NDS8 isn't supported with IDR.

    Michael

+ Reply to Thread