BE 9.0 Insufficient Privilige errors - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE 9.0 Insufficient Privilige errors - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I have just upgraded to 9.0 from 8.0, and I was hoping to see the end of the 'Insufficient privelige' errors when backing up the Novell Licence objects. However, the darned error is still there. I was living with ...

  1. BE 9.0 Insufficient Privilige errors

    Hi,

    I have just upgraded to 9.0 from 8.0, and I was hoping to see the end of the
    'Insufficient privelige' errors when backing up the Novell Licence objects.
    However, the darned error is still there. I was living with it, but it is
    becoming a pain as I have to read the logs every morning just in case there
    is a real error in there.

    Is there any way to stop this error being reported?

    Peter Wieland
    IS Manager
    The Priory LSST
    Lincoln
    UK

  2. Re: BE 9.0 Insufficient Privilige errors

    Peter

    > I have just upgraded to 9.0 from 8.0, and I was hoping to see the end of

    the
    > 'Insufficient privelige' errors when backing up the Novell Licence

    objects.
    > However, the darned error is still there.

    It will *always* be there if the objects are selected in the job. Novell
    have made it so that the NLS license objects cannot be backed up at all.

    Michael

  3. Re: BE 9.0 Insufficient Privilige errors

    You have not probably applied the latest patch of build 9.0.04170. It has a
    file called sys:\bkupexec\nds.nks which will exclude all the license objects
    from being backed up. One more thing this problem of insufficient privileges
    on nds license objects is novell's problem.
    "Michael" wrote in message news:3d2afb2a@hronntp01....
    > Peter
    >
    > > I have just upgraded to 9.0 from 8.0, and I was hoping to see the end of

    > the
    > > 'Insufficient privelige' errors when backing up the Novell Licence

    > objects.
    > > However, the darned error is still there.

    > It will *always* be there if the objects are selected in the job. Novell
    > have made it so that the NLS license objects cannot be backed up at all.
    >
    > Michael

+ Reply to Thread