Intelligent Disaster Recovery - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Intelligent Disaster Recovery - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I've been testing this option from Backup Exec for Netware 9.0 and was wondering if there have been other people having any experience with it. I keep getting weird errors and am unable to perform a normal disaster recovery. ...

  1. Intelligent Disaster Recovery

    Hi,

    I've been testing this option from Backup Exec for Netware 9.0 and was
    wondering if there have been other people having any experience with it.

    I keep getting weird errors and am unable to perform a normal disaster
    recovery.

    So if anyone has any experience, please let me know.

    Thanx,

    Marcel.

  2. Re: Intelligent Disaster Recovery

    Can you pin point the exact nature of errors that you are getting along with
    the exact set up that u r trying it with.
    "Marcel Velner" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been testing this option from Backup Exec for Netware 9.0 and was
    > wondering if there have been other people having any experience with it.
    >
    > I keep getting weird errors and am unable to perform a normal disaster
    > recovery.
    >
    > So if anyone has any experience, please let me know.
    >
    > Thanx,
    >
    > Marcel.

  3. Re: Intelligent Disaster Recovery

    Sure,

    Server : Netware 5.1, SP 4, Backup Exec 9.0

    Errors :
    Part 1 : Unable to login to backupexec after initial restore-procedure (that
    is : the CD-part). Looks to me the NDS is not installed/copied/whatever.

    Part 2 : With a MS-DOS boot-disk, I"m unable to read the C:-partition
    normally. All I see is a single file of 6 GB (on a 4 GB disk) or some other
    completely unreadable files. This does not occur when I down the server and
    get back to the DR-DOS part.

    Hope this helps a bit more.

    "newbie" wrote in message news:3d2ac9d2@hronntp01....
    > Can you pin point the exact nature of errors that you are getting along

    with
    > the exact set up that u r trying it with.
    > "Marcel Velner" wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I've been testing this option from Backup Exec for Netware 9.0 and was
    > > wondering if there have been other people having any experience with it.
    > >
    > > I keep getting weird errors and am unable to perform a normal disaster
    > > recovery.
    > >
    > > So if anyone has any experience, please let me know.
    > >
    > > Thanx,
    > >
    > > Marcel.

  4. Re: Intelligent Disaster Recovery

    Mercel,
    try this:
    1. login to backup exec administration console with ".username.context" .
    2.Before performing IDR, simply copy the contents of "NW5.x installable CD:\Install\DRDOS"
    direvtory to c:\nwserver folder.

    This will perform IDR with no errors. IDR will work fine with DR-DOS files.

    "Marcel Velner" wrote:
    >Sure,
    >
    >Server : Netware 5.1, SP 4, Backup Exec 9.0
    >
    >Errors :
    >Part 1 : Unable to login to backupexec after initial restore-procedure (that
    >is : the CD-part). Looks to me the NDS is not installed/copied/whatever.
    >
    >Part 2 : With a MS-DOS boot-disk, I"m unable to read the C:-partition
    >normally. All I see is a single file of 6 GB (on a 4 GB disk) or some other
    >completely unreadable files. This does not occur when I down the server

    and
    >get back to the DR-DOS part.
    >
    >Hope this helps a bit more.
    >
    >"newbie" wrote in message news:3d2ac9d2@hronntp01....
    >> Can you pin point the exact nature of errors that you are getting along

    >with
    >> the exact set up that u r trying it with.
    >> "Marcel Velner" wrote in message
    >> > Hi,
    >> >
    >> > I've been testing this option from Backup Exec for Netware 9.0 and was
    >> > wondering if there have been other people having any experience with

    it.

    >> > I keep getting weird errors and am unable to perform a normal disaster
    >> > recovery.
    >> >
    >> > So if anyone has any experience, please let me know.
    >> >
    >> > Thanx,
    >> >
    >> > Marcel.

  5. Re: Intelligent Disaster Recovery

    Are u using single server tree or multi server tree. Recovering nds in this
    config in multi server tree has some known problems and novell will be
    coming out with new patch to fix this issue soon.
    "mak" wrote in message news:3d2be05e$1@hronntp01....

    > Mercel,
    > try this:
    > 1. login to backup exec administration console with ".username.context" .
    > 2.Before performing IDR, simply copy the contents of "NW5.x installable

    CD:\Install\DRDOS"
    > direvtory to c:\nwserver folder.
    >
    > This will perform IDR with no errors. IDR will work fine with DR-DOS

    files.

    > "Marcel Velner" wrote:
    > >Sure,
    > >
    > >Server : Netware 5.1, SP 4, Backup Exec 9.0
    > >
    > >Errors :
    > >Part 1 : Unable to login to backupexec after initial restore-procedure

    (that
    > >is : the CD-part). Looks to me the NDS is not installed/copied/whatever.
    > >
    > >Part 2 : With a MS-DOS boot-disk, I"m unable to read the C:-partition
    > >normally. All I see is a single file of 6 GB (on a 4 GB disk) or some

    other
    > >completely unreadable files. This does not occur when I down the server

    > and
    > >get back to the DR-DOS part.
    > >
    > >Hope this helps a bit more.
    > >
    > >"newbie" wrote in message news:3d2ac9d2@hronntp01....
    > >> Can you pin point the exact nature of errors that you are getting along

    > >with
    > >> the exact set up that u r trying it with.
    > >> "Marcel Velner" wrote in message

    was

    > it.

    disaster