admin Privileges - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on admin Privileges - Veritas Backup Exec ; NW 4.11. BE 8.0. My admin user's password expired. Novell helped me get new user with admin privileges so I could change the password for admin. Now I get Novell SMS errors when backing up "server specific info". Also, restores ...

  1. admin Privileges

    NW 4.11. BE 8.0.
    My admin user's password expired. Novell helped me get new user with admin
    privileges so I could change the password for admin. Now I get Novell SMS
    errors when backing up "server specific info". Also, restores fail with
    the following Novell SMS errors:
    "This program cannot create directory DATAIRNAME Error code: 0xFFFDFFFA."

    A different restore test yields the following Novell SMS Error with volume
    DATA:
    "Trustee CN=Larry.O=ARS cannot be added to DATA:. Error code 0xFF.

    How can I give get ADMIN to work again with BE?
    Thanks.

  2. Re: admin Privileges

    I added "admin" to the 'Job Manager/Options/Security/BE Administrators' section.
    Now I can restore the files/directories but it cannot update the trustee
    information so I get the following Novell SMS error when restoring a file
    to the SYS:tmp/test directory:
    "Trustee CN=Admin.O=ARS cannot be added to SYS:tmp/test. Error code 0xFF."

    Any clues out there?

    Thanks.

    "Larry" wrote:

    >NW 4.11. BE 8.0.
    >My admin user's password expired. Novell helped me get new user with admin
    >privileges so I could change the password for admin. Now I get Novell SMS
    >errors when backing up "server specific info". Also, restores fail with
    >the following Novell SMS errors:
    >"This program cannot create directory DATAIRNAME Error code: 0xFFFDFFFA."
    >
    >A different restore test yields the following Novell SMS Error with volume
    >DATA:
    >"Trustee CN=Larry.O=ARS cannot be added to DATA:. Error code 0xFF.
    >
    >How can I give get ADMIN to work again with BE?
    >Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread