Upgrading to V9 from Arcserve - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Upgrading to V9 from Arcserve - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have unloaded Arcserve V6.6 and loaded Backup Exec onto one of my servers. BESTART results in Error 1050 Unable to establish a connection to the server. Ensure the correct IP address is in the NetWare server's hosts file. The ...

  1. Upgrading to V9 from Arcserve

    I have unloaded Arcserve V6.6 and loaded Backup Exec onto one of my servers.
    BESTART results in Error 1050
    Unable to establish a connection to the server. Ensure the correct IP address
    is in the NetWare server's hosts file.

    The correct IP address is in the file and I can ping the server from the
    console.

    I am running Netware 5.1 SP3. Any help appreciated.

  2. Re: Upgrading to V9 from Arcserve

    Do you have the java server up and running.
    Insert "-tj" Switch in the bestart.ncf file and restart bkupexec by doing a
    bestop and bestart and then try logging in from the administration console
    on the windows m/c

    "David Carter" wrote in message

    > I have unloaded Arcserve V6.6 and loaded Backup Exec onto one of my

    servers.
    > BESTART results in Error 1050
    > Unable to establish a connection to the server. Ensure the correct IP

    address
    > is in the NetWare server's hosts file.
    >
    > The correct IP address is in the file and I can ping the server from the
    > console.
    >
    > I am running Netware 5.1 SP3. Any help appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread