BackupEXEC takes 20min to load. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BackupEXEC takes 20min to load. - Veritas Backup Exec ; Our server experienced an unusually bad abend yesterday, and I eventually had to power off the server. upon reboot, backupexec now takes about 20min to load, when before the abend it was only taking 1min. could the queue folder be ...

  1. BackupEXEC takes 20min to load.

    Our server experienced an unusually bad abend yesterday, and I eventually
    had to power off the server. upon reboot, backupexec now takes about 20min
    to load, when before the abend it was only taking 1min. could the queue
    folder be corrupt? although, I managed to get a good backup last night.
    NW5sp6a server w/ Backup EXEC 8.5 build 3012. any help will be appreciated.

    - Hogan

  2. Re: BackupEXEC takes 20min to load.

    It would be helpful to determine which nlm is taking time to load. Can you
    find out which nlm is sticking by seeing the bkupexec surestart loader
    screen(the green one).
    -
    Newbie
    "Michael Hogan" wrote in message
    > Our server experienced an unusually bad abend yesterday, and I eventually
    > had to power off the server. upon reboot, backupexec now takes about 20min
    > to load, when before the abend it was only taking 1min. could the queue
    > folder be corrupt? although, I managed to get a good backup last night.
    > NW5sp6a server w/ Backup EXEC 8.5 build 3012. any help will be

    appreciated.

    > - Hogan

  3. Re: BackupEXEC takes 20min to load.

    netdb.nlm

    "newbie" wrote in message news:3d11c756@hronntp01....
    > It would be helpful to determine which nlm is taking time to load. Can you
    > find out which nlm is sticking by seeing the bkupexec surestart loader
    > screen(the green one).
    > -
    > Newbie
    > "Michael Hogan" wrote in message
    > > Our server experienced an unusually bad abend yesterday, and I

    eventually
    > > had to power off the server. upon reboot, backupexec now takes about

    20min
    > > to load, when before the abend it was only taking 1min. could the queue
    > > folder be corrupt? although, I managed to get a good backup last night.
    > > NW5sp6a server w/ Backup EXEC 8.5 build 3012. any help will be

    > appreciated.
    > >
    > > - Hogan

  4. Re: BackupEXEC takes 20min to load.

    I am not an expert at this but may be this is a problem with TCP/IP . Can
    you separately load netdb.nlm and then try bestart. I feel netdb.nlm should
    already be loaded on your system before BE loads. This nlm is not BE
    specific instead is an novell OS nlm.
    > netdb.nlm
    >
    > "newbie" wrote in message news:3d11c756@hronntp01....
    > > It would be helpful to determine which nlm is taking time to load. Can

    you
    > > find out which nlm is sticking by seeing the bkupexec surestart loader
    > > screen(the green one).
    > > -
    > > Newbie
    > > "Michael Hogan" wrote in message
    > > > Our server experienced an unusually bad abend yesterday, and I

    > eventually
    > > > had to power off the server. upon reboot, backupexec now takes about

    > 20min
    > > > to load, when before the abend it was only taking 1min. could the

    queue
    > > > folder be corrupt? although, I managed to get a good backup last

    night.
    > > > NW5sp6a server w/ Backup EXEC 8.5 build 3012. any help will be

    > > appreciated.
    > > >
    > > > - Hogan

  5. Re: BackupEXEC takes 20min to load.

    i'll give it try, and post the response. i want to check a couple of my other
    servers as well.

    "newbie" wrote:
    >I am not an expert at this but may be this is a problem with TCP/IP . Can
    >you separately load netdb.nlm and then try bestart. I feel netdb.nlm should
    >already be loaded on your system before BE loads. This nlm is not BE
    >specific instead is an novell OS nlm.
    >"Michael Hogan" wrote in message
    >> netdb.nlm
    >>
    >> "newbie" wrote in message news:3d11c756@hronntp01....
    >> > It would be helpful to determine which nlm is taking time to load. Can

    >you
    >> > find out which nlm is sticking by seeing the bkupexec surestart loader
    >> > screen(the green one).
    >> > -
    >> > Newbie
    >> > "Michael Hogan" wrote in message