OFO static volume corrupt? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on OFO static volume corrupt? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hey All, Running NW5.1SP4 (with all those postSP4 patches) + BENW9.0. All volumes are legacy. Have support option with Veritas, but they can't figure it out (guess it's my problem). I am attempting to backup the host server + 2 ...

  1. OFO static volume corrupt?

    Hey All,

    Running NW5.1SP4 (with all those postSP4 patches) + BENW9.0. All volumes are legacy. Have support option with Veritas, but they can't figure it out (guess it's my problem).

    I am attempting to backup the host server + 2 remote netware servers across the wire, all with OFO. If the backup ever completes, at least 1 volume will fail to backup with OFO. The volume(s) with the problem is/are different every night! Excerpt from job history:

    ##NML##Backup of ZEN_MASTER.NetWare File System/ZEN_MASTER/DATA:
    ##NML##Drive: "HA:0 ID:6 LUN:0 SEAGATE DAT 06240-XXX"
    ##NML##Backing up volume DATA: using Open File Option.
    ##ERR##The Open File Option static volume was found to be corrupt. The virtual
    ##ERR##volume was unable to mount.
    ##ERR##Backup Exec will attempt to perform the backup without the Open File Opt-
    ##ERR##ion and use your normal backup option settings.

    Furthermore, approx. 1 out of 3 times, the backup will freeze one of my remote servers (same one every time) and I have to hard reset.

    I've tried everything except a new tape drive: different scsi controller, different server, eventually built a server specifically for tape backup, applied BETA patches (yeah, I know it's bad) from Novell, goofed with different settings in besrvr.cfg, reset all set parameters, tried everything in veritas performance tuning doc...

    ....any ideas (to resolution or what may be causing the problem?)

  2. Re: OFO static volume corrupt?

    Try to vrepair the volumes that you are trying to backup on the remote server.

    Robert Cox wrote:
    >Hey All,
    >
    >Running NW5.1SP4 (with all those postSP4 patches) + BENW9.0. All volumes

    are legacy.
    > Have support option with Veritas, but they can't figure it out (guess it's

    my problem).

    >I am attempting to backup the host server + 2 remote netware servers across

    the wire,
    >all with OFO. If the backup ever completes, at least 1 volume will fail

    to backup
    >with OFO. The volume(s) with the problem is/are different every night!

    Excerpt from
    >job history:
    >
    >##NML##Backup of ZEN_MASTER.NetWare File System/ZEN_MASTER/DATA:
    >##NML##Drive: "HA:0 ID:6 LUN:0 SEAGATE DAT 06240-XXX"
    >##NML##Backing up volume DATA: using Open File Option.
    >##ERR##The Open File Option static volume was found to be corrupt. The virtual

    >##ERR##volume was unable to mount.
    >##ERR##Backup Exec will attempt to perform the backup without the Open File

    Opt-
    >##ERR##ion and use your normal backup option settings.
    >
    >Furthermore, approx. 1 out of 3 times, the backup will freeze one of my

    remote servers
    >(same one every time) and I have to hard reset.
    >
    >I've tried everything except a new tape drive: different scsi controller,

    different
    >server, eventually built a server specifically for tape backup, applied

    BETA patches
    >(yeah, I know it's bad) from Novell, goofed with different settings in besrvr.cfg,
    >reset all set parameters, tried everything in veritas performance tuning

    doc...

    >....any ideas (to resolution or what may be causing the problem?)

  3. Re: OFO static volume corrupt?

    Fred,

    Tried that...

    ....makes no matter and it's different volume(s) on different server(s) every night! It seems pretty random to me.

    -Robert

  4. Re: OFO static volume corrupt?

    Robert,
    Having same problem. Running ver 9 for netware. server is NW 5.1 service
    pack 3.
    also have a dedicated server just for backups. trying to get answer from
    veritas on why
    I keep getting the OFO static volume was found to be corrupt.

    Robert Cox wrote:
    >Hey All,
    >
    >Running NW5.1SP4 (with all those postSP4 patches) + BENW9.0. All volumes

    are legacy.
    > Have support option with Veritas, but they can't figure it out (guess it's

    my problem).

    >I am attempting to backup the host server + 2 remote netware servers across

    the wire,
    >all with OFO. If the backup ever completes, at least 1 volume will fail

    to backup
    >with OFO. The volume(s) with the problem is/are different every night!

    Excerpt from
    >job history:
    >
    >##NML##Backup of ZEN_MASTER.NetWare File System/ZEN_MASTER/DATA:
    >##NML##Drive: "HA:0 ID:6 LUN:0 SEAGATE DAT 06240-XXX"
    >##NML##Backing up volume DATA: using Open File Option.
    >##ERR##The Open File Option static volume was found to be corrupt. The virtual

    >##ERR##volume was unable to mount.
    >##ERR##Backup Exec will attempt to perform the backup without the Open File

    Opt-
    >##ERR##ion and use your normal backup option settings.
    >
    >Furthermore, approx. 1 out of 3 times, the backup will freeze one of my

    remote servers
    >(same one every time) and I have to hard reset.
    >
    >I've tried everything except a new tape drive: different scsi controller,

    different
    >server, eventually built a server specifically for tape backup, applied

    BETA patches
    >(yeah, I know it's bad) from Novell, goofed with different settings in besrvr.cfg,
    >reset all set parameters, tried everything in veritas performance tuning

    doc...

    >....any ideas (to resolution or what may be causing the problem?)

+ Reply to Thread