BENW 9.0 Will not work with Compaq SDLT on NW51SP3 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BENW 9.0 Will not work with Compaq SDLT on NW51SP3 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Built a new Compaq DL360 with: Netware 5.1 SP3, Compaq Smart Array 5i Controller, SDLT drive and BENW 9.0. Netware recognizes the host adapter and tape drive but BESTART fails and the BE SureStart Console shows 'Error 1050-Device driver load ...

  1. BENW 9.0 Will not work with Compaq SDLT on NW51SP3

    Built a new Compaq DL360 with: Netware 5.1 SP3, Compaq Smart Array 5i Controller,
    SDLT drive and BENW 9.0.

    Netware recognizes the host adapter and tape drive but BESTART fails and
    the BE SureStart Console shows 'Error 1050-Device driver load unsuccessful'.
    Immediately following the load of BKUPEXEC.NLM the Netware console shows
    'Backup Exec: THDW initialization failure' and 'Backup Exec: Engine is unloading...'

    Installed all latest ROMPaqs and Support Paqs from Compaq. Still failing
    on load of BKUPEXEC.

    Any thoughts would be appreciated.

  2. Re: BENW 9.0 Will not work with Compaq SDLT on NW51SP3

    I have the same problem on a Compaq DL360 without a smart array, but with
    the adaptec controller and a SCSi harddisk and a compaq DAT ...

    "Ferrin Peppin" wrote:

    >Built a new Compaq DL360 with: Netware 5.1 SP3, Compaq Smart Array 5i Controller,
    >SDLT drive and BENW 9.0.
    >
    >Netware recognizes the host adapter and tape drive but BESTART fails and
    >the BE SureStart Console shows 'Error 1050-Device driver load unsuccessful'.
    > Immediately following the load of BKUPEXEC.NLM the Netware console shows
    >'Backup Exec: THDW initialization failure' and 'Backup Exec: Engine is unloading...'
    >

    >Installed all latest ROMPaqs and Support Paqs from Compaq. Still failing
    >on load of BKUPEXEC.
    >
    >Any thoughts would be appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread