I am getting messages that my tapes are out of room when only 2GB of data
has been written to them (12/24 DDS tapes); anyone have any ideas why this
might be?

Also, what is the correct procedure for introducing a new tape into BE9?
I would like to be able to name the tapes, but when I load a brand new tape
into the drive and then click on the tape drive icon I get a message that
no media is loaded. Vertitas tech support told me to run an inventory, but
the tape is ejected after this so I cannot view its properties.