be9 errors - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on be9 errors - Veritas Backup Exec ; I've encountered 3 different errors that do not seem to interfere with the backup job. However, because of them BE9 thinks the job failed and keeps rerunning the full backup part of the rotation job. Could not connect to Server_name.NetWare ...

  1. be9 errors

    I've encountered 3 different errors that do not seem to interfere with the
    backup job.
    However, because of them BE9 thinks the job failed and keeps rerunning the
    full backup part of the rotation job.

    Could not connect to Server_name.NetWare File System/Server_Name/SYS:. The
    login credentials may be incorrect. All selections for this device will be
    skipped.

    Error. After adding all system and NKS file excludes, nothing was selected
    for backup for .......... It will be skipped

    Job completed: With ERROR- The device does not support the current
    operation. (24635)

    As I mentioned, in all 3 cases, the backup seemed to go through OK,
    regardless of error.

    Alex

  2. Re: be9 errors

    I am also getting the NKS file excludes error. Have you found a solution
    for this problem? It does not seem to be in the knowledgebase.
    Any help is appreciated

    "Alex Bogdanovsky" wrote:
    >I've encountered 3 different errors that do not seem to interfere with the
    >backup job.
    >However, because of them BE9 thinks the job failed and keeps rerunning the
    >full backup part of the rotation job.
    >
    >Could not connect to Server_name.NetWare File System/Server_Name/SYS:.

    The
    >login credentials may be incorrect. All selections for this device will

    be
    >skipped.
    >
    >Error. After adding all system and NKS file excludes, nothing was selected
    >for backup for .......... It will be skipped
    >
    >Job completed: With ERROR- The device does not support the current
    >operation. (24635)
    >
    >As I mentioned, in all 3 cases, the backup seemed to go through OK,
    >regardless of error.
    >
    >Alex

  3. Re: be9 errors

    Hi Mike,
    The following problem happens when you have selected something
    to backup and then the same selection is specified in the exclude
    files(novell.nks, winnt.nks....) as selections to exclude while backing up.
    The result after applying selections and excludes is zero items to be backed
    up.
    -newbie
    "Mike Bianco" wrote in message

    > I am also getting the NKS file excludes error. Have you found a solution
    > for this problem? It does not seem to be in the knowledgebase.
    > Any help is appreciated
    >
    > "Alex Bogdanovsky" wrote:
    > >I've encountered 3 different errors that do not seem to interfere with

    the
    > >backup job.
    > >However, because of them BE9 thinks the job failed and keeps rerunning

    the
    > >full backup part of the rotation job.
    > >
    > >Could not connect to Server_name.NetWare File System/Server_Name/SYS:.

    > The
    > >login credentials may be incorrect. All selections for this device will

    > be
    > >skipped.
    > >
    > >Error. After adding all system and NKS file excludes, nothing was

    selected
    > >for backup for .......... It will be skipped
    > >
    > >Job completed: With ERROR- The device does not support the current
    > >operation. (24635)
    > >
    > >As I mentioned, in all 3 cases, the backup seemed to go through OK,
    > >regardless of error.
    > >
    > >Alex

  4. Login Credential Failure Workaround - I Think!

    Did you create the backup job using the workstation admin or the server based
    admin? I have found that if I create the job using the workstation admin,
    I receive the "Login Credential" error, while jobs created at the server
    using the server based admin have not yet failed due to this error. I believe
    the problem is that the workstation admin submits the job using the login
    used at the workstation. If it is different than the login used at the server,
    the job will often fail with the "Login Credentials" error. At least that
    has been the case with my experience.

    "Mike Bianco" wrote:

    >I am also getting the NKS file excludes error. Have you found a solution
    >for this problem? It does not seem to be in the knowledgebase.
    >Any help is appreciated
    >
    >"Alex Bogdanovsky" wrote:
    >>I've encountered 3 different errors that do not seem to interfere with

    the
    >>backup job.
    >>However, because of them BE9 thinks the job failed and keeps rerunning

    the
    >>full backup part of the rotation job.
    >>
    >>Could not connect to Server_name.NetWare File System/Server_Name/SYS:.

    >The
    >>login credentials may be incorrect. All selections for this device will

    >be
    >>skipped.
    >>
    >>Error. After adding all system and NKS file excludes, nothing was selected
    >>for backup for .......... It will be skipped
    >>
    >>Job completed: With ERROR- The device does not support the current
    >>operation. (24635)
    >>
    >>As I mentioned, in all 3 cases, the backup seemed to go through OK,
    >>regardless of error.
    >>
    >>Alex

  5. Re: Login Credential Failure Workaround - I Think!

    I have just been struggling with a restore job that I created with the Admin
    Console on my desktop and repeatedly received the "login credentials may
    be incorrect" error. What finally seemed to work for me(though hard to say
    for certain b/c I tried different things) was disabling Auto Login from the
    server Admin Console. This makes sense though, in light of Craig's idea.

    "Craig F" wrote:

    >Did you create the backup job using the workstation admin or the server

    based
    >admin? I have found that if I create the job using the workstation admin,
    >I receive the "Login Credential" error, while jobs created at the server
    >using the server based admin have not yet failed due to this error. I believe
    >the problem is that the workstation admin submits the job using the login
    >used at the workstation. If it is different than the login used at the

    server,
    >the job will often fail with the "Login Credentials" error. At least that
    >has been the case with my experience.
    >

    >"Mike Bianco" wrote:
    >>
    >>I am also getting the NKS file excludes error. Have you found a solution
    >>for this problem? It does not seem to be in the knowledgebase.
    >>Any help is appreciated
    >>
    >>"Alex Bogdanovsky" wrote:
    >>>I've encountered 3 different errors that do not seem to interfere with

    >the
    >>>backup job.
    >>>However, because of them BE9 thinks the job failed and keeps rerunning

    >the
    >>>full backup part of the rotation job.
    >>>
    >>>Could not connect to Server_name.NetWare File System/Server_Name/SYS:.

    >>The
    >>>login credentials may be incorrect. All selections for this device will

    >>be
    >>>skipped.
    >>>
    >>>Error. After adding all system and NKS file excludes, nothing was selected
    >>>for backup for .......... It will be skipped
    >>>
    >>>Job completed: With ERROR- The device does not support the current
    >>>operation. (24635)
    >>>
    >>>As I mentioned, in all 3 cases, the backup seemed to go through OK,
    >>>regardless of error.
    >>>
    >>>Alex

  6. Re: be9 errors

    I'm getting the message: "The device does not support the current operation
    (24635) at the end of the backup job. It seems to refer to the Eject Tape
    command. The backup job seems to run ok until the "Eject Tape" command is
    executed. HOwever, the tape is ejected. Any clue on what causes this?

    ...jc

    "Alex Bogdanovsky" wrote:
    >I've encountered 3 different errors that do not seem to interfere with the
    >backup job.
    >However, because of them BE9 thinks the job failed and keeps rerunning the
    >full backup part of the rotation job.
    >
    >Could not connect to Server_name.NetWare File System/Server_Name/SYS:.

    The
    >login credentials may be incorrect. All selections for this device will

    be
    >skipped.
    >
    >Error. After adding all system and NKS file excludes, nothing was selected
    >for backup for .......... It will be skipped
    >
    >Job completed: With ERROR- The device does not support the current
    >operation. (24635)
    >
    >As I mentioned, in all 3 cases, the backup seemed to go through OK,
    >regardless of error.
    >
    >Alex

  7. Re: be9 errors

    Create a new job that doesn't eject or verify and see if that clears it
    up.

    Also check to see if you have Quick Check enabled under Options|Media
    Server. You might need to turn that off, as well.

    -Barry.

  8. Re: be9 errors

    Sorry -- I don't have any other ideas.

    -Barry.

  9. Re: be9 errors

    Veritas online tech support and knowledge database has much to be desired.
    Most of the errors generated by BackupExec have no related explanation as
    to what the error is or how to resolve it. It seems Veritas just ignores
    these errors and pretends they do not exist. Maybe they don't have a clue
    as how to resolve them themselves. Eneptness, corruption and greed.... at
    the expense of paying customers...such is the corporate reality we live with
    today. There game plan is to ignore us.... maybe we'll just keep purchasing
    their product and won't ask stupid questions of them.

    "newbie" wrote:
    >Hi Mike,
    > The following problem happens when you have selected something
    >to backup and then the same selection is specified in the exclude
    >files(novell.nks, winnt.nks....) as selections to exclude while backing

    up.
    >The result after applying selections and excludes is zero items to be backed
    >up.
    >-newbie
    >"Mike Bianco" wrote in message
    >>
    >> I am also getting the NKS file excludes error. Have you found a solution
    >> for this problem? It does not seem to be in the knowledgebase.
    >> Any help is appreciated
    >>
    >> "Alex Bogdanovsky" wrote:
    >> >I've encountered 3 different errors that do not seem to interfere with

    >the
    >> >backup job.
    >> >However, because of them BE9 thinks the job failed and keeps rerunning

    >the
    >> >full backup part of the rotation job.
    >> >
    >> >Could not connect to Server_name.NetWare File System/Server_Name/SYS:.

    >> The
    >> >login credentials may be incorrect. All selections for this device will

    >> be
    >> >skipped.
    >> >
    >> >Error. After adding all system and NKS file excludes, nothing was

    >selected
    >> >for backup for .......... It will be skipped
    >> >
    >> >Job completed: With ERROR- The device does not support the current
    >> >operation. (24635)
    >> >
    >> >As I mentioned, in all 3 cases, the backup seemed to go through OK,
    >> >regardless of error.
    >> >
    >> >Alex

+ Reply to Thread