Insufficient Privilege for <FILENAME> - Skipped... On restore for Netware 5.1 w/ BE 8.5 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Insufficient Privilege for <FILENAME> - Skipped... On restore for Netware 5.1 w/ BE 8.5 - Veritas Backup Exec ; We are getting the error message "Insufficient Privilege for - Skipped" while trying to restore files to a Netware 5.1 server w/ SP3 running Backup Exec 8.5. We tried the suggestions in TID's 240093 and 240163 and we are still ...

  1. Insufficient Privilege for <FILENAME> - Skipped... On restore for Netware 5.1 w/ BE 8.5

    We are getting the error message "Insufficient Privilege for -
    Skipped" while trying to restore files to a Netware 5.1 server w/ SP3 running
    Backup Exec 8.5. We tried the suggestions in TID's 240093 and 240163 and
    we are still getting the same errors.

    HELP!!! Any suggestions?

  2. Re: Insufficient Privilege for <FILENAME> - Skipped... On restore for Netware 5.1 w/ BE 8.5

    Has the file or directory changed for any reason? I had the same problem,
    then I realized that I had deleted the file and directory from the network
    and not from the selection on the backup job..
    "Chai Intarapravich" wrote in message

    > We are getting the error message "Insufficient Privilege for -
    > Skipped" while trying to restore files to a Netware 5.1 server w/ SP3

    running
    > Backup Exec 8.5. We tried the suggestions in TID's 240093 and 240163 and
    > we are still getting the same errors.
    >
    > HELP!!! Any suggestions?

  3. Re: Insufficient Privilege for <FILENAME> - Skipped... On restore for Netware 5.1 w/ BE 8.5

    I'm experiencing the same issue.
    If you find a solution, please post it to the group. I will do the same.

    > We are getting the error message "Insufficient Privilege for -
    > Skipped" while trying to restore files to a Netware 5.1 server w/ SP3

    running
    > Backup Exec 8.5. We tried the suggestions in TID's 240093 and 240163 and
    > we are still getting the same errors.
    >
    > HELP!!! Any suggestions?

  4. Re: Insufficient Privilege for <FILENAME> - Skipped... On restore for Netware 5.1 w/ BE 8.5

    If the problem is that you deleted the file, then you will get the error
    because the software is trying to find a file that is not there. If that's
    the case, just go into bejobed and delete the file, no more error..

    -
    > > Skipped" while trying to restore files to a Netware 5.1 server w/ SP3

    > running
    > > Backup Exec 8.5. We tried the suggestions in TID's 240093 and 240163 and
    > > we are still getting the same errors.
    > >
    > > HELP!!! Any suggestions?

  5. Re: Insufficient Privilege for <FILENAME> - Skipped... On restore for Netware 5.1 w/ BE 8.5

    Bejobed allows editing only backup, nor restore jobs, right?
    I'm getting the error when trying to restore from tape several files that
    have been deleted.

    Thanks,

    Alex

    "Amy" wrote in message news:3c6a9da3$1@hronntp01....
    > If the problem is that you deleted the file, then you will get the error
    > because the software is trying to find a file that is not there. If

    that's
    > the case, just go into bejobed and delete the file, no more error..
    > "Alex Bogdanovsky" wrote in message
    > > I'm experiencing the same issue.
    > > If you find a solution, please post it to the group. I will do the

    same.

    > > "Chai Intarapravich" wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > We are getting the error message "Insufficient Privilege for

    > -
    > > > Skipped" while trying to restore files to a Netware 5.1 server w/ SP3

    > > running
    > > > Backup Exec 8.5. We tried the suggestions in TID's 240093 and 240163

    and
    > > > we are still getting the same errors.
    > > >
    > > > HELP!!! Any suggestions?

  6. Re: Insufficient Privilege for <FILENAME> - Skipped... On restore for Netware 5.1 w/ BE 8.5

    Make the restore twice. On the first one, uncheck "restore security information"
    - this just does the file. Second go, check "restore security information"
    and check "exclude data streams" - this puts the trustee assignments back
    on the file. Doing both at once, it tries to out the security stuff on a
    deleted file - and you can't do that.
    LO

    "Alex Bogdanovsky" wrote:
    >Bejobed allows editing only backup, nor restore jobs, right?
    >I'm getting the error when trying to restore from tape several files that
    >have been deleted.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Alex
    >
    >"Amy" wrote in message news:3c6a9da3$1@hronntp01....
    >> If the problem is that you deleted the file, then you will get the error
    >> because the software is trying to find a file that is not there. If

    >that's
    >> the case, just go into bejobed and delete the file, no more error..
    >> "Alex Bogdanovsky" wrote in message
    >> > I'm experiencing the same issue.
    >> > If you find a solution, please post it to the group. I will do the

    >same.
    >> >

    >> > "Chai Intarapravich" wrote in message

    >> -

    SP3
    >> > running

    >and

  7. Re: Insufficient Privilege for <FILENAME> - Skipped... On restore for Netware 5.1 w/ BE 8.5

    Tried that. No change.
    I'm also getting SMS error: "An internal error has occurred. Could not write
    an object to NDS or write to a stream."
    I tried restoring to several different servers with different sms versions
    (sp1, sp2a, sp3, tsaup7, tsaup8).
    The backup server has tsaup8. DS 85.23.
    No problems with replica ring, everything is in sync.

    Alex

    > >> If the problem is that you deleted the file, then you will get the

    error
    > >> because the software is trying to find a file that is not there. If

    > >that's
    > >> the case, just go into bejobed and delete the file, no more error..
    > >> "Alex Bogdanovsky" wrote in message

    > >same.

    > >> -

    > SP3

    240163
    > >and

  8. Re: Insufficient Privilege for <FILENAME> - Skipped... On restore for Netware 5.1 w/ BE 8.5

    Hello,

    I had the same problem but I solved it.

    After the server start I unload the TSAFS and load the older version (TSA600).
    Then I could restore the data.

    But it's the older version is slower then TSAFS and so the restore job needs
    more time.

    Best regards
    Martin

+ Reply to Thread