"Queue Failed" & "Cannot Scan for Trustees" - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on "Queue Failed" & "Cannot Scan for Trustees" - Veritas Backup Exec ; New BENW 8.5 user - switched from ArcserveIT 6.6 Installed newest BENW 8.5 patch from web site NW 5.1 SP2a eDir 8.5.1 Two SCSI tape drives on one controller Backing up 4 servers, 2 volumes on each server. One server ...

  1. "Queue Failed" & "Cannot Scan for Trustees"

    New BENW 8.5 user - switched from ArcserveIT 6.6

    Installed newest BENW 8.5 patch from web site
    NW 5.1 SP2a
    eDir 8.5.1
    Two SCSI tape drives on one controller
    Backing up 4 servers, 2 volumes on each server. One server (the main)
    to one drive, 3 to the other drive

    I am getting intermittent but frequent "Queue Failed" errors. Most
    of these happen on one tape drive, but just today happened on both. I
    can restart the queue by pressing Enter on it and saying 'Yes' in the
    tape manager, but it is annoying because I must go in every day to check
    for this. How do I correct this?
    Also, getting "Cannot Scan for Trustees" errors on one server, our
    main server which holds the master replica. The job completes normally
    but I get about 3 of these every single time, only on this server. Any
    suggestions?
    Thank you!

  2. Re: "Queue Failed" & "Cannot Scan for Trustees"

    Try setting up the SMDR object again.... (see below)

    FIXING SMDR ON REMOTE SERVER
    Backup Exec uses the SMDR object in the tree to verify details about the
    server (it looks like this may well hold info about it's IP address....).
    What needs to be done is to re-register the object in the tree, to do this
    the object needs deleting.... Follow these steps..
    1. Unload SMDR and any associated TSA's or NLM's on the remote server
    2. Run up NWADMIN32 and go to the servers context and find the SMS_RPC
    object that is related to the server you are having problems with (i.e.
    SMS_RPC ANGEL).. Delete the object..
    defaults and re-register the object
    REMOTE SERVERS

    Hope this helps....