Translation Error on Tape - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Translation Error on Tape - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have been backing up with no problems for a while until recently every night I am receiving an error on the verify. It gives me the error Translation Error on Tape... The knowledgebase says to look at the BESRVR.cfg ...

  1. Translation Error on Tape

    I have been backing up with no problems for a while until recently every
    night I am receiving an error on the verify. It gives me the error
    Translation Error on Tape...

    The knowledgebase says to look at the BESRVR.cfg and make sure the
    Use_fast_file_access=0 and it is. I have the latest version of Backup
    Exec running on Netware 5.1 SP2. The tape drive is an HP Ultrium 215.

    Any help is much appreciated.

    Chris

  2. Re: Translation Error on Tape

    Chris Meisinger wrote:
    >I have been backing up with no problems for a while until recently every
    >night I am receiving an error on the verify. It gives me the error
    >Translation Error on Tape...
    >
    >The knowledgebase says to look at the BESRVR.cfg and make sure the
    >Use_fast_file_access=0 and it is. I have the latest version of Backup
    >Exec running on Netware 5.1 SP2. The tape drive is an HP Ultrium 215.
    >
    >Any help is much appreciated.
    >
    >Chris

    Slow down your scsi card. check the speed rating for teh drive and match
    it on teh controller.

  3. Re: Translation Error on Tape

    Hi Chris,

    I had the same error, I'm also using Netware 5.1 SP2a and an Ultrium drive,
    every time I did a verify it gave a translation error it stoped at an NDS
    Group Object, I removed the Group Object and made a new one (same name same
    settings) and now everything works oke !

    (before this I tried to repair the NDS ut DSREPAIR couldn't find any errors
    so I just recreated the object)

    Regards

    Ron Vink

    Chris Meisinger wrote:
    >I have been backing up with no problems for a while until recently every
    >night I am receiving an error on the verify. It gives me the error
    >Translation Error on Tape...
    >
    >The knowledgebase says to look at the BESRVR.cfg and make sure the
    >Use_fast_file_access=0 and it is. I have the latest version of Backup
    >Exec running on Netware 5.1 SP2. The tape drive is an HP Ultrium 215.
    >
    >Any help is much appreciated.
    >
    >Chris

+ Reply to Thread