BE 8.0 and SDT-10000 TBU on Novell 5 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE 8.0 and SDT-10000 TBU on Novell 5 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, folks, I have this scenario: - COMPAQ Proliant ML350 server with ADPT160M SCSI controller and SDT-10000 tape backup unit - Novell 5.0 with SP6 - Backup Exec 8.0 After BE SW installation, BESTART fails at early begining with this ...

  1. BE 8.0 and SDT-10000 TBU on Novell 5

    Hi, folks,

    I have this scenario:
    - COMPAQ Proliant ML350 server with ADPT160M SCSI controller and SDT-10000
    tape backup unit
    - Novell 5.0 with SP6
    - Backup Exec 8.0

    After BE SW installation, BESTART fails at early begining with this message:
    "...
    ...Failed initialization unit."

    with new window:

    "The device driver load was unsuccessful.
    RECOMMENDED ACTIONS:
    Make sure all tape drives are properly connected and powered on....".

    Ofcourse, everything is connected properly.

    Does anybody now any solution for this problem?

    Thanks,
    Goran

  2. Re: BE 8.0 and SDT-10000 TBU on Novell 5

    I have a similar scenario but I'm using Netware 5.1. I was unable to get
    sufficient information on my problem as well. If you happen to have a version
    8.5 cd around you can install the evaluation copy which will buy you more
    time. Just hit F2 at the serial number prompt.

    Version 8.5 didn't give me any problems about finding the tape device.

    "gt" wrote:

    >Hi, folks,
    >
    >I have this scenario:
    >- COMPAQ Proliant ML350 server with ADPT160M SCSI controller and SDT-10000
    >tape backup unit
    >- Novell 5.0 with SP6
    >- Backup Exec 8.0
    >
    >After BE SW installation, BESTART fails at early begining with this message:
    >"...
    > ...Failed initialization unit."
    >
    >with new window:
    >
    >"The device driver load was unsuccessful.
    > RECOMMENDED ACTIONS:
    > Make sure all tape drives are properly connected and powered on....".
    >
    >Ofcourse, everything is connected properly.
    >
    >Does anybody now any solution for this problem?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Goran

  3. Re: BE 8.0 and SDT-10000 TBU on Novell 5x, 6x

    "Tim Ellis" wrote:

    >I have a similar scenario but I'm using Netware 5.1. I was unable to get
    >sufficient information on my problem as well. If you happen to have a version
    >8.5 cd around you can install the evaluation copy which will buy you more
    >time. Just hit F2 at the serial number prompt.
    >
    >Version 8.5 didn't give me any problems about finding the tape device.
    >

    >"gt" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi, folks,
    >>
    >>I have this scenario:
    >>- COMPAQ Proliant ML350 server with ADPT160M SCSI controller and SDT-10000
    >>tape backup unit
    >>- Novell 5.0 with SP6
    >>- Backup Exec 8.0
    >>
    >>After BE SW installation, BESTART fails at early begining with this message:
    >>"...
    >> ...Failed initialization unit."
    >>
    >>with new window:
    >>
    >>"The device driver load was unsuccessful.
    >> RECOMMENDED ACTIONS:
    >> Make sure all tape drives are properly connected and powered on....".
    >>
    >>Ofcourse, everything is connected properly.
    >>
    >>Does anybody now any solution for this problem?
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>Goran

    The COMPAQ SDT-10000 (20/40 Gb DAT Tape) = the GREAT MISTAKE of the Computer
    Industry. With NW SB Souite 6 and ProLiant ML 330 G2, nothing function.
    M.N.

+ Reply to Thread