Hi

I am running BE8.5 (latest build) on a NW5.1 server. I back up the local
and 2 remote servers.

When backing up the scheduled jobs go through ok for the local server and
also for the one remote server in the same OU. When backing up the second
remote server (different OU, same O), the job seems to go through ok, but
gives the error "Unable to obtain a partition database lock" (this appears
a few times in the history log - before backing up each volume)

If the job is scheduled as once off, I receive the following:

1. In the Job Manager: "Session 1 was unable to finish servicing the job.
Return code 0xD6"
2. In the NW client: After the backup is complete, the job which has completed
has the status of active. The only way to clear it is to close BE and run
BESTOP.

If the job is scheduled to run for eg. every Monday, I receive the following:

1. In the Job Manager: "Session 1 was unable to finish servicing the job.
Return code 0xFFFFFFFF"
In the NW client: After the backup is complete, the job schedule for the
second remote server disappears from the scheduler. The job schedule for
the local server is ok.

I was running an eval copy of the software (also v8.5) prior to this and
all was working 100%

I'm tearing my hair out on this one!