NDS License objects - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on NDS License objects - Veritas Backup Exec ; Trying to configure my backup job to miss out NDS license object is proving problematic. Runing Backup Exec 8.5 on a Netware 5.1. server SP3. I am using the Backup Exec client (V8.5.3) on my own P.C (NT4 SP6) to ...

  1. NDS License objects

    Trying to configure my backup job to miss out NDS license object is proving problematic. Runing Backup Exec 8.5
    on a Netware 5.1. server SP3. I am using the Backup Exec client (V8.5.3) on my own P.C (NT4 SP6) to try to configure the
    job selections and drill down the tree unselecting the license objects. I then save selections which allows overwriting
    the current job. However the job still tries to backup the license objects. Am I using the right tool to edit the job??
    We have four servers all of which backup OK

    Thanks

  2. Re: NDS License objects

    Hi,

    "Clarkey" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3b94eecb@hronntp01....
    > Trying to configure my backup job to miss out NDS license object is proving problematic. Runing Backup Exec 8.5
    > on a Netware 5.1. server SP3. I am using the Backup Exec client (V8.5.3) on my own P.C (NT4 SP6) to try to configure the
    > job selections and drill down the tree unselecting the license objects. I then save selections which allows overwriting
    > the current job. However the job still tries to backup the license objects. Am I using the right tool to edit the job??
    > We have four servers all of which backup OK
    >
    > Thanks

    I just had to fight with the same issue, but solved it. There are two solutions.

    1. Use BECLIENT for netware to make these selections, it will handle them correctly. After that you can copy the *.BKS to your WIN_WS directory on your workstation and submit the jobs via Windows again.

    2. Edit your Win-Saved-Selections using a text editor:

    "++IKARION_HQ.Novell Directory/TREE_IKARION/.TREE_IKARION:\.O=IKARION\.NLS:Publisher=Novell+NL S:Product=NetWare 5 Server+NLS:Version=510\*.*" /XCLUDE /SUBDIR << DOESN´T WORK

    "++IKARION_HQ.Novell Directory/TREE_IKARION/.TREE_IKARION:\.\.T=TREE_IKARION\.O=IKARION\.NLS:P ublisher=Novell+NLS:Product=NetWare 5 Server+NLS:Version=510\*.*" /XCLUDE /SUBDIR << DOES WORK

    You have to insert that extra /./.T= into the selection

    Hope I was clear enough....

    Cheers

    Frank

    --

    Frank Kuypers Ikarion Software GmbH
    Dipl.-Ing. Bahnhofstrasse 18-20

    Dr. Frankenstein can bring a dead machine to life ...

  3. Re: NDS License objects

    Clarkey wrote:
    >Trying to configure my backup job to miss out NDS license object is proving

    problematic.
    >Runing Backup Exec 8.5
    >on a Netware 5.1. server SP3. I am using the Backup Exec client (V8.5.3)

    on my own P.C
    >(NT4 SP6) to try to configure the
    >job selections and drill down the tree unselecting the license objects.

    I then save
    >selections which allows overwriting
    >the current job. However the job still tries to backup the license objects.

    Am I using
    >the right tool to edit the job??
    >We have four servers all of which backup OK
    >
    >Thanks

    SP3 won't let you deselect them. I haven't touched 3A yet so I dunno it it
    got fixed in that.

    LO

+ Reply to Thread