Backup Exec Client for WIndows 2000? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup Exec Client for WIndows 2000? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Firstly I am running Backup Exec 7.5 on Novell 3.12. I wish to upgrade my Windows 98 PC which is currently running Backup Exec Client to Windows 2000, but I cannot find a upgrade/download for the Backup Exec Client. If ...

  1. Backup Exec Client for WIndows 2000?

    Firstly I am running Backup Exec 7.5 on Novell 3.12.
    I wish to upgrade my Windows 98 PC which is currently running Backup Exec
    Client to Windows 2000, but I cannot find a upgrade/download for the Backup
    Exec Client.

    If there one available and if so can someone please point me the the right
    direction.

    Many Thanks

  2. Re: Backup Exec Client for WIndows 2000?

    Hi David,
    forget about WIN2K and BE-Client.
    They don'nt support it and will not. This ist the official statement of
    Veritas, which I received having the same inquiry....

    :-(
    Matthias
    "David Heath" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > Firstly I am running Backup Exec 7.5 on Novell 3.12.
    > I wish to upgrade my Windows 98 PC which is currently running Backup Exec
    > Client to Windows 2000, but I cannot find a upgrade/download for the

    Backup
    > Exec Client.
    >
    > If there one available and if so can someone please point me the the right
    > direction.
    >
    > Many Thanks

  3. Re: Backup Exec Client for WIndows 2000?

    Matthias Dinse wrote:

    > Hi David,
    > forget about WIN2K and BE-Client.
    > They don'nt support it and will not. This ist the official statement of
    > Veritas, which I received having the same inquiry....

    As far as I know, they will be supporting it with BE for NW v9,
    but not for earlier versions.

  4. Re: Backup Exec Client for WIndows 2000?

    Paul Coen wrote:
    >Matthias Dinse wrote:
    >>
    >> Hi David,
    >> forget about WIN2K and BE-Client.
    >> They don'nt support it and will not. This ist the official statement of
    >> Veritas, which I received having the same inquiry....

    >As far as I know, they will be supporting it with BE for NW v9,
    >but not for earlier versions.

    Their email support sends out a set of directions for installing the Windows
    Client on W2K. IT has worked for me in a couple instances and has not in
    a couple more. I DO have it running on W2K in a couple places. If it's not
    gonna work you see "unable to find backup server" or something to that effect.

  5. Re: Backup Exec Client for WIndows 2000?

    Try installing the Windows (16-bit ?) client. It works for me. Just remember to
    add the /no_check-parameter to the short-cut.

    C:\Bkupexec\Win_ws\BEWIN.EXE /no_check

    David Heath skrev:

    > Firstly I am running Backup Exec 7.5 on Novell 3.12.
    > I wish to upgrade my Windows 98 PC which is currently running Backup Exec
    > Client to Windows 2000, but I cannot find a upgrade/download for the Backup
    > Exec Client.
    >
    > If there one available and if so can someone please point me the the right
    > direction.
    >
    > Many Thanks

  6. Re: Backup Exec Client for WIndows 2000?

    Any luck since then ?
    I am running Novel 5.0 and Backup exec V8.5 and looking for the Backup exec
    windows client foe Win 98 or Higher...can anyone point me in the right direction
    ?

    "David Heath" wrote:

    >Firstly I am running Backup Exec 7.5 on Novell 3.12.
    >I wish to upgrade my Windows 98 PC which is currently running Backup Exec
    >Client to Windows 2000, but I cannot find a upgrade/download for the Backup
    >Exec Client.
    >
    >If there one available and if so can someone please point me the the right
    >direction.
    >
    >Many Thanks

  7. Re: Backup Exec Client for WIndows 2000?

    Phil
    > Any luck since then ?
    > I am running Novel 5.0 and Backup exec V8.5 and looking for the Backup exec
    > windows client foe Win 98 or Higher...can anyone point me in the right direction

    Firstly, get & install the last build of 8.5 (build 194.1) from:

    Then follow the installation instructions in the 8.5 Administrator's Guide.
    (available from:
    http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/s...min_241115.pdf)

    Michael
    needed a new one anyway"