Forgot to insert tape cartridge - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Forgot to insert tape cartridge - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, In case a user forgot to insert tape cartridge into backup tape, the job manager report something like this: session 1 needs to be in attention. This message repeats every 3 minutes, without canceling the job. This is very ...

  1. Forgot to insert tape cartridge

    Hello,

    In case a user forgot to insert tape cartridge into backup tape, the job
    manager report something like this: session 1 needs to be in attention. This
    message repeats every 3 minutes, without canceling the job. This is very
    big problem for us, because we are backing up GROUPWISE 5.5 by unloading
    groupwise before job execution. When users turn on computers in the morning
    they can not send emails because groupwise services are down. I do not want
    to buy open file options. There are also some Novell tools like gwbackup.exe,
    but these are exe files and can not be run automatically on Novell server.
    I have also heard about gwtsa.nlm in groupwise 6.0, can I used it for gw5.5?
    Any suggestion would be appreciated.

    Take care
    Zdenek Rottenberg

  2. Re: Forgot to insert tape cartridge

    Turn on Prompt Timeout so if you forget to put in a tape it will cancel the
    job and allow the GW to restart. Do this in the Job Manager. Type a ctrl+o
    and it's under General. GWTSA won't work in 5.5 as far as I know.

    Lane

    "Zdenek Rottenberg" wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >In case a user forgot to insert tape cartridge into backup tape, the job
    >manager report something like this: session 1 needs to be in attention.

    This
    >message repeats every 3 minutes, without canceling the job. This is very
    >big problem for us, because we are backing up GROUPWISE 5.5 by unloading
    >groupwise before job execution. When users turn on computers in the morning
    >they can not send emails because groupwise services are down. I do not want
    >to buy open file options. There are also some Novell tools like gwbackup.exe,
    >but these are exe files and can not be run automatically on Novell server.
    >I have also heard about gwtsa.nlm in groupwise 6.0, can I used it for gw5.5?
    >Any suggestion would be appreciated.
    >
    >Take care
    >Zdenek Rottenberg

+ Reply to Thread