BKUPEXEC 8.5 (191) with HP Surestore DAT40i - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BKUPEXEC 8.5 (191) with HP Surestore DAT40i - Veritas Backup Exec ; I upgraded BKUPExec to 8.5 build 191 on a Netware 5.1 server and it worked with an older HP surestore tapedrive. I installed an HP Surestore DAT40i and when I load BESTART it cann't find the hardware. Any suggestions?...

  1. BKUPEXEC 8.5 (191) with HP Surestore DAT40i

    I upgraded BKUPExec to 8.5 build 191 on a Netware 5.1 server and it worked
    with an older HP surestore tapedrive. I installed an HP Surestore DAT40i
    and when I load BESTART it cann't find the hardware.

    Any suggestions?

  2. Re: BKUPEXEC 8.5 (191) with HP Surestore DAT40i

    "Terry Pavlin" wrote:

    >I upgraded BKUPExec to 8.5 build 191 on a Netware 5.1 server and it worked
    >with an older HP surestore tapedrive. I installed an HP Surestore DAT40i
    >and when I load BESTART it cann't find the hardware.
    >
    >Any suggestions?

    I found out the hard way that BENW doesn't do dynamic hardware scans. If
    you change hardware, you gotta delete the hardware "database" and restart
    the software. The "database" is all the files in sys:bkupexec\pm and the
    save directory below that. empty them out and reload the software and it'll
    do another scan and recreate that"database".

+ Reply to Thread