GWTSA Performance - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on GWTSA Performance - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm trying to use the GWTSA that comes with GroupWise 6 to backup my GroupWise system "live". However, I'm finding that peformance is *very* poor. Anyone got any advice on using GWTSA ? Thanks, GTG Gordon Ross, Network Manager, Countryside ...

  1. GWTSA Performance

    I'm trying to use the GWTSA that comes with GroupWise 6 to backup my
    GroupWise system "live". However, I'm finding that peformance is *very*
    poor.

    Anyone got any advice on using GWTSA ?

    Thanks,

    GTG

    Gordon Ross,
    Network Manager,
    Countryside Council for Wales

  2. Re: GWTSA Performance

    Gordon Ross wrote:
    >I'm trying to use the GWTSA that comes with GroupWise 6 to backup my
    >GroupWise system "live". However, I'm finding that peformance is *very*

    >poor.
    >
    >Anyone got any advice on using GWTSA ?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >GTG
    >
    >Gordon Ross,
    >Network Manager,
    >Countryside Council for Wales

    Like most "new" things from Novell, it's clumsy and not "street-tested".
    If you need performance, you should install their Open File Option and backup
    GroupWise with OFO instead of thru the GWTSA - at least until it matures
    a little. The OFO they use now is a pain to get configured, but once it's
    up and running it's pretty stable.

  3. Re: GWTSA Performance

    I get 100 megabytes/minute this is across the LAN as well. Our main server
    is backing up at 215 megabytes/minute. This seems okay to me.

    "Gordon Ross" wrote in message
    > I'm trying to use the GWTSA that comes with GroupWise 6 to backup my
    > GroupWise system "live". However, I'm finding that peformance is *very*
    > poor.
    >
    > Anyone got any advice on using GWTSA ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > GTG
    >
    > Gordon Ross,
    > Network Manager,
    > Countryside Council for Wales

  4. Re: GWTSA Performance

    I normally get 250MB/Min via filesystem, but GWTSA is giving me
    17MB/min. What's your configuration ?

    GTG

    Steve wrote:
    > I get 100 megabytes/minute this is across the LAN as well. Our main server
    > is backing up at 215 megabytes/minute. This seems okay to me.

+ Reply to Thread