"Queue Failed" error on BE 8.5 and NW5 SP2a - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on "Queue Failed" error on BE 8.5 and NW5 SP2a - Veritas Backup Exec ; After every nightly backup of one NW 5.1 SP2a server running BE 8.5, the job manager reports "queue failed." According to Veritas's website, this is because the BESRVR.NLM needs to be updated, but the file that we are currently running ...

  1. "Queue Failed" error on BE 8.5 and NW5 SP2a

    After every nightly backup of one NW 5.1 SP2a server running BE 8.5, the job
    manager reports "queue failed." According to Veritas's website, this is
    because the BESRVR.NLM needs to be updated, but the file that we are
    currently running is newer than the one they provide in their download.
    According to the TID on their website (which is correct), the backup is
    successful, but the job manager has to be shut down and restarted and the
    backup jobs re-created every day. Does anyone know of a solution to this
    problem? Thanks for your help.

  2. Re: "Queue Failed" error on BE 8.5 and NW5 SP2a

    Have you checked the login time restrictions for the user that owns the
    backup job?

    Scott A. Brock
    Network Coordinator
    Anderson School District 5
    Anderson, SC

    "Brent Heaton" wrote in message
    > After every nightly backup of one NW 5.1 SP2a server running BE 8.5, the

    job
    > manager reports "queue failed." According to Veritas's website, this is
    > because the BESRVR.NLM needs to be updated, but the file that we are
    > currently running is newer than the one they provide in their download.
    > According to the TID on their website (which is correct), the backup is
    > successful, but the job manager has to be shut down and restarted and the
    > backup jobs re-created every day. Does anyone know of a solution to this
    > problem? Thanks for your help.

+ Reply to Thread