SCSI time out in Dell 4400 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on SCSI time out in Dell 4400 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Sorry but my backup system is Dell PV 120 DLT1 autoloader with new tapes. I tried no of new different cleaning taps all are banch mark tapes that recommend by dell and veritas both only....

  1. SCSI time out in Dell 4400

    Sorry but my backup system is Dell PV 120 DLT1 autoloader with new tapes.
    I tried no of new different cleaning taps all are banch mark tapes that recommend
    by dell and veritas both only.

  2. Re: SCSI time out in Dell 4400

    Hi funhas

    I have the same hardware using NW4.11 and BE8.5. I have had the same
    experience using the DLT1 Autoloader and have now switiched to a DLT7000
    Autoloader with more successs, this is not to say that the 7000 works every
    time but it seems to the robot responds to the controller without error.

    I don't think that it's a Hardware issue has the DLT1 performs flawlessly on
    my NT4.0 severs using BE8.5.

    Kind regards

    Matt Tupper

    "funhas" <"funhas@ysahoo.com"> wrote in message

    > Sorry but my backup system is Dell PV 120 DLT1 autoloader with new tapes.
    > I tried no of new different cleaning taps all are banch mark tapes that

    recommend
    > by dell and veritas both only.

+ Reply to Thread